Curiosity about the web site

  • Dean G.
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 8, 2008
      Greetings, All,

      I was just wondering if there has been any word on if the Probe
      Control web site would be back? I enjoyed browsing through the site
      every so often, and I always directed people to the site when they
      expressed amazement that someone other than them remembered (and
      watched) the show.

      Is the site gone for good? Or will it ba back at any time?

      End Run,
      Dino
    • actingman6@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 8, 2008
        Either the company that Bryan was dealing with messed up, or the domain name
        was simply hijacked, but "probecontrol.com" somehow got in someone else's
        hands...who didn't waste anytime writing to Bryan and demanding a high price
        to return it.

        Since neither one of us believes in paying ransom, the site has been off the
        air since.

        He said he was examining some possibilities...I don't know what has come of
        that.

        And writing this, I just thought of another one...,which I will suggest to
        him.

        In the meantime, the site contents are all backed up, and when there is any
        change in the situation, we will let you know.

        In the meantime, here are various online backups, courtesy of the Wayback
        Machine:

        http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://probecontrol.com

        On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 5:42 PM, Dean G. <LambuLambu@...> wrote:

        > Greetings, All,
        >
        > I was just wondering if there has been any word on if the Probe
        > Control web site would be back? I enjoyed browsing through the site
        > every so often, and I always directed people to the site when they
        > expressed amazement that someone other than them remembered (and
        > watched) the show.
        >
        > Is the site gone for good? Or will it ba back at any time?
        >
        > End Run,
        > Dino

      • floyd lewis
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 8, 2008
          all the episodes are here..but I havent bought any yet...merry christmas

          http://www.ioffer.com/search/items/probe+or+search+tv+series/text_pics/ioffer/0/false

          FLOYD

          Either the company that Bryan was dealing with messed up, or the domain name
          was simply hijacked, but "probecontrol.com" somehow got in someone
          else's
          hands...who didn't waste anytime writing to Bryan and demanding a high
          price
          to return it.

          Since neither one of us believes in paying ransom, the site has been off the
          air since.

          He said he was examining some possibilities...I don't know what has come of
          that.

          And writing this, I just thought of another one...,which I will suggest to
          him.

          In the meantime, the site contents are all backed up, and when there is any
          change in the situation, we will let you know.

          In the meantime, here are various online backups, courtesy of the Wayback
          Machine:

          http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://probecontrol.com

          On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 5:42 PM, Dean G. <LambuLambu@...> wrote:

          > Greetings, All,
          >
          > I was just wondering if there has been any word on if the Probe
          > Control web site would be back? I enjoyed browsing through the site
          > every so often, and I always directed people to the site when they
          > expressed amazement that someone other than them remembered (and
          > watched) the show.
          >
          > Is the site gone for good? Or will it ba back at any time?
          >
          > End Run,
          > Dino

        • Dean G.
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 12, 2008
            I agree whole-heartedly. That guy sounds like a thieving hacker to me.
            Rather than pay him anything I'd be more inclined to have a law
            enforcement official pay him a visit for theft of a web site. (If not
            that, maybe one of our members knows a "good guy" hacker who
            can "hack" our site away from that guy and get it back for us?)

            End Run,
            Dino

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 13, 2008
              Hello Dino
              @
              Unfortunately, you still have to know where they live.
              @
              Geoff********* GF Willmetts **************************** Commissioning Editor: http://www.sfcrowsnest.co.uk or http://www.computercrowsnest.co.uk THE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY MAGAZINE THE E-BOOK PUBLISHER THAT TRIES HARDER Between 42-48 million hits a month!!!WE DON�T CHOOSE OUR RANK POSITIONS, OTHERS PUT US THERE:- AOL AOL ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet http://search.aol.com/aolcom/browse?id=906&source=subcats Yahoo Yahoo ranks SFcrowsnest #4 most popular SFF site on the Internet http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/ DMOZ DMOZ ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet http://dmoz.org/Arts/Literature/Genres/Science_Fiction/ Google Google ranks SFcrowsnest #2 most popular SFF site on the Internet http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/ ***************************************************

              To: probe_control@yahoogroups.comFrom: LambuLambu@...: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 03:47:40 +0000Subject: [probe_control] Re: Curiosity about the web site

              I agree whole-heartedly. That guy sounds like a thieving hacker to me. Rather than pay him anything I'd be more inclined to have a law enforcement official pay him a visit for theft of a web site. (If not that, maybe one of our members knows a "good guy" hacker who can "hack" our site away from that guy and get it back for us?)End Run,Dino--- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, actingman6@... wrote:>> Either the company that Bryan was dealing with messed up, or the > domain name was simply hijacked, but "probecontrol.com" somehow got > in someone else's hands...who didn't waste anytime writing to Bryan > and demanding a high price to return it.> > Since neither one of us believes in paying ransom, the site has > been off the air since.>

            • fewernicholas
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 25, 2009
                --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "Dean G." <LambuLambu@...> wrote:

                > Greetings, All,
                >
                > I was just wondering if there has been any word on if the Probe
                > Control web site would be back? I enjoyed browsing through the site
                > every so often, and I always directed people to the site when they
                > expressed amazement that someone other than them remembered (and
                > watched) the show.
                >
                > Is the site gone for good? Or will it ba back at any time?
                >
                > End Run,
                > Dino

                I had the original website on my favourites, but hadn't looked at it
                in a while. Just now I went back to check out the stills from the show
                to find it taken over. Can all the stuff that was on it not be be put
                on here? I hope Bryan gets it back soon, I think its a case for Probe!
                Nic.