Re: Hello Jim an ALL,

  • ronaldheld
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 1, 2008
      Not certain about magnetism, but power looks like the primary concern.

      --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Willmetts
      <gfwillmetts@...> wrote:

      > Hello Mike and Ronald
      > @
      > The biggest problem would be whether the magnet would interfere
      with the gubbins at the back. I suppose velcro could be used or some
      sort of insulation could work.
      > @
      > Geoff********* GF Willmetts ****************************
      Commissioning Editor: http://www.sfcrowsnest.co.uk or
      http://www.computercrowsnest.co.uk THE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY
      MAGAZINE THE E-BOOK PUBLISHER THAT TRIES HARDER Between 42-48 million
      hits a month!!!WE DON'T CHOOSE OUR RANK POSITIONS, OTHERS PUT US
      THERE:- AOL AOL ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the
      Internet http://search.aol.com/aolcom/browse?id=906&source=subcats
      Yahoo Yahoo ranks SFcrowsnest #4 most popular SFF site on the
      Internet
      http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/
      DMOZ DMOZ ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
      http://dmoz.org/Arts/Literature/Genres/Science_Fiction/ Google Google
      ranks SFcrowsnest #2 most popular SFF site on the Internet
      http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantas
      y/ ***************************************************

      > To: probe_control@...: ronaldheld@...: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 13:17:50
      +0000Subject: [probe_control] Re: Hello Jim an ALL,

      > Transmit the scanner data(via Bluetooth?) to a larger box with
      amplification and other needed electronics.--- In
      probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <kc8nqa@> wrote:>> Hello Geoff
      and ALL,> > I was thinking the same, also, it would take some
      companion parts just> for the wafer sensor - not to mention how to
      actually transmit the> picture and...what about the sound. Well not
      sure how far I'll get on> actually completing a Working Scanner but
      it would be really cool.> > On another note:> > I can across this -
      might be of interest to some. Angel Tompkins in> the first Epi -
      Burgess Meredith in the second.> > Night Gallery: Room With A View,
      The Little Black Bag, & The Nature of> the Enemy.> > Good Day ALL,>
      view-the-little-black-bag-the-nature-of-the-enemy/vKxIBwTRvRL2SR-
      AGU4vdw> > > > > > > > --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, Geoff
      Willmetts> <gfwillmetts@> wrote:> >> > > > > > Hello Mike> > @> >
      Interesting. I wonder why they didn�t go for the ring shape but>
      maybe it was to stop it rolling away as much as the mechanism. :-)> >
      @> > Looking at the construction, it looks like the wafer is> square-
      shaped. I suppose one way around it would be to make the ring> shape
      encase the cube.> > @> > It doesn�t say how much it costs.> > @> >
      Geoff********* GF Willmetts ****************************>
      Commissioning Editor: http://www.sfcrowsnest.co.uk or>
      http://www.computercrowsnest.co.uk THE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY>
      MAGAZINE THE E-BOOK PUBLISHER THAT TRIES HARDER Between 42-48
      million> hits a month!!!WE DON�T CHOOSE OUR RANK POSITIONS, OTHERS
      PUT US> THERE:- AOL AOL ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on
      the> Internet http://search.aol.com/aolcom/browse?
      id=906&source=subcats> Yahoo Yahoo ranks SFcrowsnest #4 most popular
      SFF site on the Internet>
      http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/
      > DMOZ DMOZ ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the
      Internet> http://dmoz.org/Arts/Literature/Genres/Science_Fiction/
      Google Google> ranks SFcrowsnest #2 most popular SFF site on the
      Internet>
      http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantas
      y/> *************************************************** > > > > To:
      probe_control@: ronaldheld@: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 12:09:57> +0000Subject:
      [probe_control] Re: Hello Jim an ALL,> > > > > > > > A functional
      Search scanner? I would buy one of those.--- In>
      probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Alexander" <probecontrol@>>
      wrote:>> Good luck on constructing your 'functional scanner,' Mike! :)
      > I look forward to seeing what you'll come up with! > > Jim
      Alexander>> > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Mike > To:>
      probe_control@yahoogroups.com > Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2008>
      11:03 PM> Subject: [probe_control] Hello Jim an ALL,> > > > Hello
      Jim> an ALL,> > I hope ALL had a Safe an Happy Thanksgiving - Well,>
      > I> have been contenplating making a functional Scanner ... to that
      end,> I> have been researching the Worlds Smallest Camers - I have
      found one> the> size of a pencil eraser. I could intergrate it one of
      my Scanners> - but,> I just came across this >>
      http://news.softpedia.com/news/World-039-s-Smallest-Camera-
      50424.shtml>> <http://news.softpedia.com/news/World-039-s-Smallest-
      Camera-50424.shtml>>> > Well maybe some others have some other
      ideas.> > Thanks,> > As> Always - All Have A Great Day> > Mike> >
      [Non-text portions of this> message have been removed]> > > > > >
      [Non-text portions of this> message have been removed]> > > > > > > >
      > See the most popular videos on the web > >
      http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/115454061/direct/01/> > > > [Non-text
      portions of this message have been removed]> >>

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 1, 2008
        Hi ALL,

        I was just wondering if they ever make mention of the power source of
        the scanners on the series, I can't remember. Although I know it
        would just be fictitious anyway.

        I don't think the magnetism from the magnet in it would have any
        effect on the xmitter. I have played around with magnetism and
        transmitters in my time - I have been a licensed HAM operator for
        almomst 10 years. Also a CET.(Certified Electronics Technician)

        Good Day ALL,

        Mike

        --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "ronaldheld" <ronaldheld@...>

        To:>

      • actingman6@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 1, 2008
          They never got into that. And of course they tended to contradict
          themselves as they went along.

          -Putting a scanner in your pocket completely deactivated it...maybe meaning
          it was activated when it was attached to the jewelry...except for those
          times when the scanner would be detached and still on the air.

          -Not knowing what part of the planet the agent was in, so not being able to
          send audio to them, or get dental signals, except for those times when they
          did not know what part of the planet the agent was in, but were able to send
          them audio, and get dental signals from them...but were still unable to
          track them from the dental signals.

          -Being able to pick up off presence readings of a bad guy in hiding, except
          during those times when they could not pick up off presence readings...even
          though there were no malfunctions or reception problems.

          Etc...

          Love means seeing the faults and still loving...oh well.

          Mike: I can short out my mp3 player just by the headphone wire touching
          certain of my shirts...and not a large carpet shock kind of thing either.

          With such tiny sensitive electronics...the change in magnetic fields from
          just attaching and detaching the scanner wouldn't play havoc? Or are we
          talking really good shielding?

          On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Mike <kc8nqa@...> wrote:

          > Hi ALL,
          >
          > I was just wondering if they ever make mention of the power source of
          > the scanners on the series, I can't remember. Although I know it
          > would just be fictitious anyway.
          >
          > I don't think the magnetism from the magnet in it would have any
          > effect on the xmitter. I have played around with magnetism and
          > transmitters in my time - I have been a licensed HAM operator for
          > almomst 10 years. Also a CET.(Certified Electronics Technician)
          >
          > Good Day ALL,
          >
          > Mike

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 1, 2008
            Hello Ronald and ALL,

            In the xmitters of nowadays, that are usually one single chip wih a
            few companion parts - it is Very hard to interfere with the operation.
            Something transmitting on the the same freq or one of the harmonics
            of that base freq with a stronger output would effectively jam it.

            In your case of the player - it uses a simple chip - memory chip if
            you will, that usually all have some type of Reset that is Very easy
            to reset with Very small fields of energy: static, moderate to strong
            magnetic, possibly static charges from lightning, although I wouldn't
            want to test the lightning theory. Not quite the same with the
            xmitters.

            You hit the nail on head - shielding - players of the kind you
            mentioned Have to have good shielding.

            Also, I do recall the counterdictions with the operation of the
            scanner in different epis. Sorry I was so long winded. :) LOL

            Thanks for the reply.

            Have A Great Day ALL,

            Mike

            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 1, 2008
              Hello Mike
              @
              From the pilot episode it looked like Kuroda controlled the way the scanner worked. Look how they took the signal down when the nice doggie got near Lockwood.
              @
              In other words, they were pumping energy, probably microwave, to the scanner. I doubt if it needed that much energy. It still leaves the problem to the tooth contact but wouldn�t be surprised if there�s an inducer source in the earjack.
              @
[...]

              To: probe_control@yahoogroups.comFrom: kc8nqa@...: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 18:25:28 +0000Subject: [probe_control] Re: Hello Jim an ALL,

              Hi ALL,I was just wondering if they ever make mention of the power source of the scanners on the series, I can't remember. Although I know it would just be fictitious anyway. I don't think the magnetism from the magnet in it would have any effect on the xmitter. I have played around with magnetism and transmitters in my time - I have been a licensed HAM operator for almomst 10 years. Also a CET.(Certified Electronics Technician)Good Day ALL,Mike--- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "ronaldheld" <ronaldheld@...> wrote:>> Not certain about magnetism, but power looks like the primary concern.> > > > > --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Willmetts > <gfwillmetts@> wrote:> >> > > > > > Hello Mike and Ronald> > @> > The biggest problem would be whether the magnet would interfere > with the gubbins at the back. I suppose velcro could be used or some > sort of insulation could work.> > @> > Geoff********* GF Willmetts **************************** > Commissioning Editor: http://www.sfcrowsnest.co.uk or > http://www.computercrowsnest.co.uk THE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY > MAGAZINE THE E-BOOK PUBLISHER THAT TRIES HARDER Between 42-48 million > hits a month!!!WE DON'T CHOOSE OUR RANK POSITIONS, OTHERS PUT US > THERE:- AOL AOL ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the > Internet http://search.aol.com/aolcom/browse?id=906&source=subcats > Yahoo Yahoo ranks SFcrowsnest #4 most popular SFF site on the > Internet > http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/> DMOZ DMOZ ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet > http://dmoz.org/Arts/Literature/Genres/Science_Fiction/ Google Google > ranks SFcrowsnest #2 most popular SFF site on the Internet > http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantas> y/ *************************************************** > > > > To: probe_control@: ronaldheld@: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 13:17:50 > +0000Subject: [probe_control] Re: Hello Jim an ALL,> > > > > > > > Transmit the scanner data(via Bluetooth?) to a larger box with > amplification and other needed electronics.--- In > probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <kc8nqa@> wrote:>> Hello Geoff > and ALL,> > I was thinking the same, also, it would take some > companion parts just> for the wafer sensor - not to mention how to > actually transmit the> picture and...what about the sound. Well not > sure how far I'll get on> actually completing a Working Scanner but > it would be really cool.> > On another note:> > I can across this - > might be of interest to some. Angel Tompkins in> the first Epi - > Burgess Meredith in the second.> > Night Gallery: Room With A View, > The Little Black Bag, & The Nature of> the Enemy.> > Good Day ALL,> > Mike> > > > http://www.blinkx.com/video/night-gallery-room-with-a-> view-the-little-black-bag-the-nature-of-the-enemy/vKxIBwTRvRL2SR-> AGU4vdw> > > > > > > > --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, Geoff > Willmetts> <gfwillmetts@> wrote:> >> > > > > > Hello Mike> > @> > > Interesting. I wonder why they didn���t go for the ring shape but> > maybe it was to stop it rolling away as much as the mechanism. :-)> > > @> > Looking at the construction, it looks like the wafer is> square-> shaped. I suppose one way around it would be to make the ring> shape > encase the cube.> > @> > It doesn���t say how much it costs.> > @> > > Geoff********* GF Willmetts ****************************> > Commissioning Editor: http://www.sfcrowsnest.co.uk or> > http://www.computercrowsnest.co.uk THE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY> > MAGAZINE THE E-BOOK PUBLISHER THAT TRIES HARDER Between 42-48 > million> hits a month!!!WE DON���T CHOOSE OUR RANK POSITIONS, OTHERS > PUT US> THERE:- AOL AOL ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on > the> Internet http://search.aol.com/aolcom/browse?> id=906&source=subcats> Yahoo Yahoo ranks SFcrowsnest #4 most popular > SFF site on the Internet> > http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/> > DMOZ DMOZ ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the > Internet> http://dmoz.org/Arts/Literature/Genres/Science_Fiction/ > Google Google> ranks SFcrowsnest #2 most popular SFF site on the > Internet> > http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantas> y/> *************************************************** > > > > To: > probe_control@: ronaldheld@: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 12:09:57> +0000Subject: > [probe_control] Re: Hello Jim an ALL,> > > > > > > > A functional > Search scanner? I would buy one of those.--- In> > probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Alexander" <probecontrol@>> > wrote:>> Good luck on constructing your 'functional scanner,' Mike! :)> > I look forward to seeing what you'll come up with! > > Jim > Alexander>> > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Mike > To:> > probe_control@yahoogroups.com > Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2008> > 11:03 PM> Subject: [probe_control] Hello Jim an ALL,> > > > Hello > Jim> an ALL,> > I hope ALL had a Safe an Happy Thanksgiving - Well,> > > I> have been contenplating making a functional Scanner ... to that > end,> I> have been researching the Worlds Smallest Camers - I have > found one> the> size of a pencil eraser. I could intergrate it one of > my Scanners> - but,> I just came across this >> > http://news.softpedia.com/news/World-039-s-Smallest-Camera-> 50424.shtml>> <http://news.softpedia.com/news/World-039-s-Smallest-> Camera-50424.shtml>>> > Well maybe some others have some other > ideas.> > Thanks,> > As> Always - All Have A Great Day> > Mike> > > [Non-text portions of this> message have been removed]> > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this> message have been removed]> > > > > > > > > > > > > > __________________________________________________________> > > See the most popular videos on the web > > > http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/115454061/direct/01/> > > > [Non-text > portions of this message have been removed]> >> > > > > > > > > > > > > __________________________________________________________> > See the most popular videos on the web > > http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/115454061/direct/01/> > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]> >>

            • Mike
              Message 6 of 23 , Dec 1, 2008
                -Hello Geoff , ALL,

                They would also "Try To Break Through With Sonic Rangeing" with the
                Audio. They also Zapped Him a couple times - like when went in the
                water unconscience....

                As for the Dental Contact. Your idea soudns good to me.

                Remember the Epi with Bionco. The one on the island - there is a shot
                of the "Ear Jack" it looks likes one of the little Button Batteries
                that are in just about All toys ....Little Vid like Games - even
                those little Records. I have a little MP3 Player that thats those and
                even my ST TOS Hero Phaser that I build from the real one.

                About the Jamming or iterfering with Feqs, like the scene when they
                found and Jammed the sinal just in time.

                Man-I wish I could getta look at the Real Hero Scanner. Oh well -
                even some Recent HQ pics with a newer digital cam - Hmmm - could even
                have those just emailed? Oh well - again - didn't mean to get so long
                winded again.

                Good Day All,

                Mike

                <gfwillmetts@...> wrote:

                > Hello Mike
                > @
                > From the pilot episode it looked like Kuroda controlled the way the
                scanner worked. Look how they took the signal down when the nice
                doggie got near Lockwood.

                #1 most popular SFF site on the > Internet

                Message 7 of 23 , Dec 2, 2008
                  Hello Mike
                  @
                  I agree the Bianco episode is an anomaly but it might suggest that the earjack is on a different wavelength and hooked into any transmitter going. It might also explain why they couldn�t pin-point on that without some direction.
                  @
                  As to its battery appearance. For all of the 10 seconds shown, I guess a battery was a cheap way around it. I suspect the size would be about right.
                  @
                  How good a quality is your pilot episode??
                  @
[...]

                  To: probe_control@yahoogroups.comFrom: actingman6@...: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 14:22:40 -0500Subject: Re: [probe_control] Re: Hello Jim an ALL,

                  They never got into that. And of course they tended to contradictthemselves as they went along.-Putting a scanner in your pocket completely deactivated it...maybe meaningit was activated when it was attached to the jewelry...except for thosetimes when the scanner would be detached and still on the air.-Not knowing what part of the planet the agent was in, so not being able tosend audio to them, or get dental signals, except for those times when theydid not know what part of the planet the agent was in, but were able to sendthem audio, and get dental signals from them...but were still unable totrack them from the dental signals.-Being able to pick up off presence readings of a bad guy in hiding, exceptduring those times when they could not pick up off presence readings...eventhough there were no malfunctions or reception problems.Etc...Love means seeing the faults and still loving...oh well.Mike: I can short out my mp3 player just by the headphone wire touchingcertain of my shirts...and not a large carpet shock kind of thing either.With such tiny sensitive electronics...the change in magnetic fields fromjust attaching and detaching the scanner wouldn't play havoc? Or are wetalking really good shielding?On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Mike <kc8nqa@...> wrote:> Hi ALL,>> I was just wondering if they ever make mention of the power source of> the scanners on the series, I can't remember. Although I know it> would just be fictitious anyway.>> I don't think the magnetism from the magnet in it would have any> effect on the xmitter. I have played around with magnetism and> transmitters in my time - I have been a licensed HAM operator for> almomst 10 years. Also a CET.(Certified Electronics Technician)>> Good Day ALL,>> Mike>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                • Mike
                  Message 8 of 23 , Dec 2, 2008
                    Hey Geoff,

                    My Pilot copy is very clear - I have many screen grabs from it. I
                    have also enhanced them with different software programs.

                    But I'll bet some recent high def pics of the Real one that Mr.Strong
                    has (that was mentioned in the interveiw) would be way better than
                    anything that could be obtained from the pilot.

                    Good Day Geoff an All,

                    Mike

                    <gfwillmetts@...> wrote:

                    > Hello Mike
                    > @
                    > I agree the Bianco episode is an anomaly but it might suggest that
                    the earjack is on a different wavelength and hooked into any
                    transmitter going. It might also explain why they couldn't pin-point
                    on that without some direction.
                    > @
                    > As to its battery appearance. For all of the 10 seconds shown, I
                    guess a battery was a cheap way around it. I suspect the size would
                    be about right.
                    > @
                    > How good a quality is your pilot episode??
                    > @
                    > Geoff
                    > ********* GF Willmetts **************************** Commissioning
                    Editor: http://www.sfcrowsnest.co.uk or
                    http://www.computercrowsnest.co.uk THE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY
                    MAGAZINE THE E-BOOK PUBLISHER THAT TRIES HARDER Between 42-48 million
                    hits a month!!!WE DON'T CHOOSE OUR RANK POSITIONS, OTHERS PUT US
                    THERE:- AOL AOL ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the
                    Internet http://search.aol.com/aolcom/browse?id=906&source=subcats
                    Yahoo Yahoo ranks SFcrowsnest #4 most popular SFF site on the
                    Internet
                    http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/
                    DMOZ DMOZ ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
                    http://dmoz.org/Arts/Literature/Genres/Science_Fiction/ Google Google
                    ranks SFcrowsnest #2 most popular SFF site on the Internet
                    http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantas
                    y/ ***************************************************

                    > To: probe_control@...: actingman6@...: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 14:22:40 -
                    0500Subject: Re: [probe_control] Re: Hello Jim an ALL,

                    Message 9 of 23 , Dec 3, 2008
                      Hello John
                      @
                      Where did you get the idea that putting the scanner in the pocket deactivated it?? If you mean from the pilot episode then that's not entirely true cos all he did was stop them receiving pictures.
                      @
                      I think we discussed the chain aspect before and I kinda dismissed it cos the scanner could be put on a tie-clip or cuff-links which meant that the chain wasn't being used as an aerial so any fine wiring aerial had to be around the device itself. 'Course, the clip or links could also have some wire around them.
                      @
                      Probe Control itself often commented that they could get interference from other signals or even lead - microwave confirmation if ever I heard of one - let alone from damage itself.
                      As to your shirt shortening out your MP3 player. That's rather easy to explain. You have a static problem. The easiest solution is to get a mixed blend fibre shirt like cotton and artificial mix.
                      @
                      http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/117442309/direct/01/

                      Message 10 of 23 , Dec 3, 2008
                        Hello Mike

                        Me thinks you need a quiet word with our Jim for Mr. Strong.

[...]

                        To: probe_control@yahoogroups.comFrom: kc8nqa@...: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 01:06:17 +0000Subject: [probe_control] Re: Hello Jim an ALL,

                        Hey Geoff,My Pilot copy is very clear - I have many screen grabs from it. I have also enhanced them with different software programs.But I'll bet some recent high def pics of the Real one that Mr.Strong has (that was mentioned in the interveiw) would be way better than anything that could be obtained from the pilot.Good Day Geoff an All,Mike-- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Willmetts <gfwillmetts@...> wrote:>> > > Hello Mike> @> I agree the Bianco episode is an anomaly but it might suggest that the earjack is on a different wavelength and hooked into any transmitter going. It might also explain why they couldn't pin-point on that without some direction.> @> As to its battery appearance. For all of the 10 seconds shown, I guess a battery was a cheap way around it. I suspect the size would be about right.> @> How good a quality is your pilot episode??> @> Geoff> ********* GF Willmetts **************************** Commissioning Editor: http://www.sfcrowsnest.co.uk or http://www.computercrowsnest.co.uk THE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY MAGAZINE THE E-BOOK PUBLISHER THAT TRIES HARDER Between 42-48 million hits a month!!!WE DON'T CHOOSE OUR RANK POSITIONS, OTHERS PUT US THERE:- AOL AOL ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet http://search.aol.com/aolcom/browse?id=906&source=subcats Yahoo Yahoo ranks SFcrowsnest #4 most popular SFF site on the Internet http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/DMOZ DMOZ ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet http://dmoz.org/Arts/Literature/Genres/Science_Fiction/ Google Google ranks SFcrowsnest #2 most popular SFF site on the Internet http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/ *************************************************** > > To: probe_control@...: actingman6@...: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 14:22:40 -0500Subject: Re: [probe_control] Re: Hello Jim an ALL,> > > > They never got into that. And of course they tended to contradictthemselves as they went along.-Putting a scanner in your pocket completely deactivated it...maybe meaningit was activated when it was attached to the jewelry...except for thosetimes when the scanner would be detached and still on the air.-Not knowing what part of the planet the agent was in, so not being able tosend audio to them, or get dental signals, except for those times when theydid not know what part of the planet the agent was in, but were able to sendthem audio, and get dental signals from them...but were still unable totrack them from the dental signals.-Being able to pick up off presence readings of a bad guy in hiding, exceptduring those times when they could not pick up off presence readings...eventhough there were no malfunctions or reception problems.Etc...Love means seeing the faults and still loving...oh well.Mike: I can short out my mp3 player just by the headphone wire touchingcertain of my shirts...and not a large carpet shock kind of thing either.With such tiny sensitive electronics...the change in magnetic fields fromjust attaching and detaching the scanner wouldn't play havoc? Or are wetalking really good shielding?On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Mike <kc8nqa@...> wrote:> Hi ALL,>> I was just wondering if they ever make mention of the power source of> the scanners on the series, I can't remember. Although I know it> would just be fictitious anyway.>> I don't think the magnetism from the magnet in it would have any> effect on the xmitter. I have played around with magnetism and> transmitters in my time - I have been a licensed HAM operator for> almomst 10 years. Also a CET.(Certified Electronics Technician)>> Good Day ALL,>> Mike>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > __________________________________________________________> Get a bird's eye view of the world with Multimap> http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/115454059/direct/01/> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>

                        Message 11 of 23 , Dec 3, 2008
                          > Hello Mike
                          >
                          > Me thinks you need a quiet word with our Jim for Mr. Strong.
                          =================
                          I've also been fighting the urge to write Mr. Okuda (an infrequent poster on
                          this list), who at one time expressed interest in meeting with Mr. Strong to
                          photograph the original 'hero' scanner. ;)

                          Jim Alexander
                        • Michael Stoll
                          Message 12 of 23 , Dec 3, 2008
                            Hello Jim,

                            Yes, Yes, Yes, I Would Love to see recent pics of the Real Scanner. Would help me a million.

                            I have Screen Grabs from the Pilot - ehanced with different software, they are nice, but would never compare to recent HD pics for color and depth.

                            Thanks,

                            Message 13 of 23 , Dec 5, 2008
                              Does anyone know what happened to the Real scanners on the show?

                              --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, Michael Stoll <kc8nqa@...>