Anyone see NBC TV Knight Rider?

  • Stephen Russell
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 11, 2008
      Vs the Old Knight Rider this has a NASA style approach to the KR
      Missions.

      KITTs Base is an old airship hanger? someplace & KITT enters into a
      Tunnel to a Underground Complex & the Mission Team views the Mission
      via
      Audio Video feeds from KITT & other devices.
      The Mission Room uses the latest Flat screen HD TVs etc & stuff old
      Probe Control NEVER HAD.

      KITT is the Mustang GTR 500 model.

      Michael Knight uses ear implants BUT not the wrist comunicator from
      80s TV show.
      FYI for all SEARCH fans.

      Good computer FX & graphics.
      Use 2001 Minority Report Virtual Touch Screen modes.
      Data is sent direct to KITT.

      Plus KITT can transform into a 4X4 truck, superfast chase car,
      std Mustang from 1 car.
      Nice Transformer FX.

      All KIT variations are Fords

      To Blog, see myNBC.com & join KR message bds etc.

      In KITT, Michael uses Hands Free while KITT drives.
      Great Visual screen FX.

      See Knight Rider, Wed 8-9PM, PST CA Time.
      Check your Local listings.

      Show is worthy of we Probe fans.
    • Dean G.
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 15, 2008
        Greetings, All,

        Just adding my two cents worth (since I don't do it so often). For
        those who aren't able to catch the new "Knight Rider" on Wednesdays,
        it's rebroadcast on the following Friday at 7:00 PM on the SciFi
        Channel (like they wewre doing with the re-imagined "Bionic Woman" -
        which I thought was great... hopefully KR won't fall victim to
        another writer's strike like BW did).

        Oh, and while the new KITT does seem to be more powerful than his
        predecessor, he does have his weaknesses. TransAm KITT had a nearly
        indestructable shell, even when he was totally deactivated. Mustang
        KITT (at least according to the pilot movie) is impervious as long as
        his computer is on line; when deactivated, "... the nano-technology
        can't repair the damage without the computer..." meaning he's just as
        vulnerable as any other car on the roads.

        Also, as shown in recent eposides:
        if he transforms while in mid-turbo boost his structural integrity is
        compromised and when he lands it can blow something that causes
        computer deactivation;

        if he is subject to intense fire at close range (in this case a .50
        cal machine gun with explosive rounds) it puts a strain on the nano-
        technology repairing the damage and prolonged exposure to such fire
        can cause severe (alluded to possible permanent) damage.

        I'm sure as the series progresses we'll be introduced to more
        weaknesses, which admittedly adds to the tension and suspense, and
        keeps things lively.

        End Run,
        Dino

        --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Russell"
        <stephenrusell@...> wrote:

        > Vs the Old Knight Rider this has a NASA style approach to the KR
        > Missions.
        >
        > KITTs Base is an old airship hanger? someplace & KITT enters into a
        > Tunnel to a Underground Complex & the Mission Team views the
        Mission
        > via
        > Audio Video feeds from KITT & other devices.
        > The Mission Room uses the latest Flat screen HD TVs etc & stuff old
        > Probe Control NEVER HAD.
        >
        > KITT is the Mustang GTR 500 model.
        >
        > Michael Knight uses ear implants BUT not the wrist comunicator from
        > 80s TV show.
        > FYI for all SEARCH fans.
        >
        > Good computer FX & graphics.
        > Use 2001 Minority Report Virtual Touch Screen modes.
        > Data is sent direct to KITT.
        >
        > Plus KITT can transform into a 4X4 truck, superfast chase car,
        > std Mustang from 1 car.
        > Nice Transformer FX.
        >
        > All KIT variations are Fords
        >
        > To Blog, see myNBC.com & join KR message bds etc.
        >
        > In KITT, Michael uses Hands Free while KITT drives.
        > Great Visual screen FX.
        >
        > See Knight Rider, Wed 8-9PM, PST CA Time.
        > Check your Local listings.
        >
        > Show is worthy of we Probe fans.

      • STEPHEN RUSELL
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 16, 2008
          Plus 2 they run the new KITT like a   SEARCH mission with a Team monitoring KITT like the Probe agents only in a streamlined 4 man Team Center.
          Neat.
          Love the FX & graphics & now KITT can morph into a Van & Police squad car.
          Old KITT never could.

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 16, 2008
            Hello Dino

            The original KITT had a dunking in a chemical bath that practically destroyed it as well as giving a bleach job.

            Have a bomb up its exhaust did critical damaged as well.

            Then there was that solution that was poured over it which destroyed its indestructibility as well.

            It wasn't exactly infallable is what I'm really saying.

            The computer science in those days was very faulty though and today's series can't cheat so readily. Even so, using nanotech is a bit of a cheat.

            Geoff********* GF Willmetts **************************** Commissioning Editor: http://www.sfcrowsnest.co.uk or http://www.computercrowsnest.co.uk THE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY MAGAZINE THE E-BOOK PUBLISHER THAT TRIES HARDER WE DON�T CHOOSE OUR RANK POSITIONS, OTHERS PUT US THERE:- AOL AOL ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet http://search.aol.com/aolcom/browse?id=906&source=subcats Yahoo Yahoo ranks SFcrowsnest #4 most popular SFF site on the Internet http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/ DMOZ DMOZ ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet http://dmoz.org/Arts/Literature/Genres/Science_Fiction/ Google Google ranks SFcrowsnest #2 most popular SFF site on the Internet http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/ ***************************************************

            To: probe_control@yahoogroups.comFrom: LambuLambu@...: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 04:15:58 +0000Subject: [probe_control] Re: Anyone see NBC TV Knight Rider?

            Greetings, All,Just adding my two cents worth (since I don't do it so often). For those who aren't able to catch the new "Knight Rider" on Wednesdays, it's rebroadcast on the following Friday at 7:00 PM on the SciFi Channel (like they wewre doing with the re-imagined "Bionic Woman" - which I thought was great... hopefully KR won't fall victim to another writer's strike like BW did).Oh, and while the new KITT does seem to be more powerful than his predecessor, he does have his weaknesses. TransAm KITT had a nearly indestructable shell, even when he was totally deactivated. Mustang KITT (at least according to the pilot movie) is impervious as long as his computer is on line; when deactivated, "... the nano-technology can't repair the damage without the computer..." meaning he's just as vulnerable as any other car on the roads.Also, as shown in recent eposides:if he transforms while in mid-turbo boost his structural integrity is compromised and when he lands it can blow something that causes computer deactivation;if he is subject to intense fire at close range (in this case a .50 cal machine gun with explosive rounds) it puts a strain on the nano-technology repairing the damage and prolonged exposure to such fire can cause severe (alluded to possible permanent) damage.I'm sure as the series progresses we'll be introduced to more weaknesses, which admittedly adds to the tension and suspense, and keeps things lively.End Run,Dino--- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Russell" <stephenrusell@...> wrote:>> Vs the Old Knight Rider this has a NASA style approach to the KR > Missions.> > KITTs Base is an old airship hanger? someplace & KITT enters into a > Tunnel to a Underground Complex & the Mission Team views the Mission > via> Audio Video feeds from KITT & other devices.> The Mission Room uses the latest Flat screen HD TVs etc & stuff old> Probe Control NEVER HAD.> > KITT is the Mustang GTR 500 model.> > Michael Knight uses ear implants BUT not the wrist comunicator from > 80s TV show.> FYI for all SEARCH fans.> > Good computer FX & graphics.> Use 2001 Minority Report Virtual Touch Screen modes.> Data is sent direct to KITT.> > Plus KITT can transform into a 4X4 truck, superfast chase car,> std Mustang from 1 car.> Nice Transformer FX.> > All KIT variations are Fords> > To Blog, see myNBC.com & join KR message bds etc.> > In KITT, Michael uses Hands Free while KITT drives.> Great Visual screen FX.> > See Knight Rider, Wed 8-9PM, PST CA Time.> Check your Local listings.> > Show is worthy of we Probe fans.>

          • Dean G.
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 19, 2008
              Geoff,

              Yes, I remember those episodes well (and painful they were to
              watch, especially for someone who has a fondness for 'bots). That's
              why I referred to the original KITT as "nearly indestructable".
              Mainly what I was getting at was that even with original KITT's
              computer completely deactivated his shell was still bullet proof, and
              extremely difficult to breach by other means, and the new KITT is not
              bullet proof without his computer.

              Yeah, the nano-tech is somewhat of a cheat, but even with that we
              still got one of those "Michael, we will not survive another direct
              hit." (Although this KITT says it with all the urgency of "I'm sorry,
              Dave; I'm afraid I can't do that" where as the original KITT actually
              sounded worried on many such occasions.)

              At any rate, every good supercar has its weakness, even if it's
              only the driver. (Does anyone remember KRO?)

              End Run,
              Dino

              P.S. Not to keep things OT, but does anyone remember "My Mother the
              Car"?

              --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Willmetts

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 20, 2008
                Hello Dino

                Actually, I thought those episodes were a clever way around getting pass KITT’s chasis. When you make something too powerful you end up having to work to give it any competition. This is largely why Superman had to be given odd weaknesses to give his villains any chance of beating him.

                Airwolf was give some element of bulletproofness but not nearly as indestructible. The real problem with that series was giving the lady something that it could really fight.

                Re: My Mother The Car. KITT’s grandma. A 1928 Porter. :-)

                THE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY MAGAZINE
                THE E-BOOK PUBLISHER THAT TRIES HARDER

                WE DON’T CHOOSE OUR RANK POSITIONS, OTHERS PUT US THERE:-

                Discover Bird's Eye View now with Multimap from Live Search
                http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354026/direct/01/