Re: [probe_control] OT, yet inspires hope

  • david xxxxx
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2008
      I've heard "Quark" is due out on DVD, and I know
      SciFi ran it a few times during the 90s.�

      This year is the 30th anniversary as a series.

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2008
        We'd have to wait for 2012 for Search's 40th anniversary.

        http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354026/direct/01/

      • Michael Beacom
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 12, 2008
          I have had bootleg versions of Quark for years. It's about time they got
          smart and released it.

          The things that get held back versus things that get released just baffle
          me. I have been waiting years for Arabesque to be out on DVD. It is, in
          region 2, but only in November of this year have they announced a US
          release. Look at how long El Cid took to come to DVD while unmentionable
          crap simply cascades onto the shelves of Best Buy, etc.

          Another series, Strange Luck, starring D.B Sweeny was a mid season
          replacement that aired just before X-files and it has never seen the light
          of day but a quick visit to this weeks releases on thedigitalbits.com shows
          It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, CSI Miami, Ugly Betty, Wings 7th Season,
          Smallville, The Medium, a Haunting, and Grey's Anatomy just to name the
          first two rows of the New Releases page. These shows are still on most of my
          friend's TIVO's with the exception of Wings. The reruns are on various cable
          channels as I write this.

          I am counting on the voracious appetite for new product to force Hollywood
          to mine those shelves in the archives. But it won't be soon, doubtless.
          They released the first season of The Night Gallery three years ago. Season
          two is coming out this fall. Barely.

          Michael B

          mjb1964@...
          "The difference between Fiction and Reality is that Fiction must be
          Plausible."