Joseph Pevney, 'Search' director, has passed away

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2008
      Joseph Pevney directed the "Search" episode, "The Adonis File," which
      starred Hugh O'Brian, Bill Bixby, and Deanna Lund. The late Marc
      Daniels is also mentioned in the article below. Pevney and Daniels
      were a successful team of directors for the original Star Trek series
      during the second season in particular. Reportedly both men directed
      14 Star Trek episodes each. Daniels also directed one "Search"
      episode, "Live Men Tell Tales," which starred Tony Franciosa and
      Louise Sorel.

      http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-pevney29-2008may29%2C0%
      2C2766431.story

      Joseph Pevney, 96; prolific film, TV director worked on
      original 'Star Trek' series

      By Dennis McLellan, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
      May 29, 2008

      Joseph Pevney, a film and television director who directed some of
      the most popular episodes of the original "Star Trek" TV series in
      the late 1960s, has died. He was 96.

      Pevney, a former Broadway actor who played supporting roles in
      several notable films noir in the late 1940s before directing movies
      such as "Man of a Thousand Faces" and "Tammy and the Bachelor," died
      May 18 of age-related causes at his home in Palm Desert, said his
      wife, Margo.

      Focusing on television from the early 1960s to the mid-1980s, when he
      retired, Pevney directed episodes of numerous series such as "Wagon
      Train," "The Munsters," "The Fugitive," "Bonanza," "12 O'Clock
      High," "The Virginian," "Adam-12," "Marcus Welby,
      M.D.," "Emergency," "The Incredible Hulk," "Fantasy Island," "Medical
      Center" and "Trapper John, M.D."

      But "Star Trek," the classic science-fiction series that ran on NBC
      from 1966 to 1969, was Pevney's most enduring television credit as a
      director and made him a familiar name to Trekkers.

      As has been noted on "Star Trek" fan sites since his death, Pevney
      directed 14 episodes of the original series, tying with the late Marc
      Daniels as the credited director of the most episodes.

      (snip)

      Article continues:
    • Hutch2006@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2008
        He also did "Emergency!' on the episode "Computer Error" which i have on
        dvd, thanks!

        Rick
      • probecontrol@wowway.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4, 2008
          Thanks for all the info and links, Don.  Nice that at least one article on Justman mentioned SEARCH.

        • Bob Greenberger
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 4, 2008
            I also mentioned Search in my blog tribute to Justman, Pevney and Alexander
            Courage.

            Bob

          • probecontrol@wowway.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 4, 2008
              Bob Greenberger wrote
              > I also mentioned Search in my blog tribute to Justman, Pevney and Alexander Courage.

              And on a different note, I hope that Mr. Greenberger doesn't mind if I mention that his newest book, THE ESSENTIAL BATMAN ENCYCLOPEDIA, is due out on Tuesday!

              http://tinyurl.com/6cktzf

              I'm looking forward to it, and hope sales are GREAT, Bob!