SEARCH and MOONROCK paperbacks on eBay--Cheap

  • probecontrol@wowway.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2008
      I usually don't do this, if there's a bid on an item...

      ... but BOTH of the SEARCH paperback novels are currently on eBay with a
      single bid at $2.95--from a buyer who goes by 'tvminded.' I believe
      that 'tvminded' is a big-time eBay SELLER, who's probably looking to buy and
      then re-sell the novels for a profit. That said--I don't feel too guilty
      about bringing them to the attention of anyone on the Group who might wanna
      bid on them. ;)

      See eBay #110219988240

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 31, 2008
        Hello Jim

        I thought you owned copies of these books. They still turn up on ABEbooks. By the way, has anyone ever seen the hardback of the first book??

        Geoff********* GF Willmetts **************************** Commissioning Editor: http://www.sfcrowsnest.co.uk or http://www.computercrowsnest.co.uk THE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY MAGAZINE THE E-BOOK PUBLISHER THAT TRIES HARDER WE DON�T CHOOSE OUR RANK POSITIONS, OTHERS PUT US THERE:- AOL AOL ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet http://search.aol.com/aolcom/browse?id=906&source=subcats Yahoo Yahoo ranks SFcrowsnest #4 most popular SFF site on the Internet http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/ DMOZ DMOZ ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet http://dmoz.org/Arts/Literature/Genres/Science_Fiction/ Google Google ranks SFcrowsnest #2 most popular SFF site on the Internet http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/ ***************************************************

        Visit Your Group

        Only on Yahoo!
        Star Wars galaxy
        Create a profile
        and meet fans.

        Yahoo! Search
        Start Searching
        Find everything
        you're looking for.

        Women of Curves
        on Yahoo! Groups
        see how women are
        changing their lives.
        .

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 31, 2008
          Me again, Jim

          Didn't quite read your message slowly enough. Sorry. Mind you my reply was probably still valid for those who want to own copies.

          Just an odd query. Are any of you people out there Modesty Blaise fans??

          http://www.searchgamesbox.com

        • Bob Greenberger
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 31, 2008
            Me!

            I've read most of the Modesty Blaise strip compilations from Titan Books and
            all of Peter O'Donnell's novels. Great character, great art and has never
            been well translated to film.

            Bob
          • probecontrol@wowway.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 31, 2008
              Geoff wrote:
              > I thought you owned copies of these books.
              ================
              Oh, I do, Geoff. That's why I wasn't bidding on them--and was letting the
              Group know. :)
              ================
              > By the way, has anyone ever seen the hardback of the first book??
              ================
              Not I. Does a hardback version exist?

              Thanks--

              Jim Alexander
            • david xxxxx
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 31, 2008
                I don't believe a hardback was ever printed.

                SEARCH and "Moonrock" were issued from Bantam Books as paperbacks only in 1973.

                David
                WorldSecAnalyst
                Wannabee Probe

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 31, 2008
                  David wrote:
                  > I don't believe a hardback was ever printed.
                  >
                  > SEARCH and "Moonrock" were issued from Bantam Books as paperbacks only in 1973.

                  That's what I'VE always thought.  Until I hear otherwise, I'm going to assume that a hardback never existed. :)