Re: [probe_control] Happy Thanksgiving

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2007
      Carol Jackson wrote:
      >... I've liked other stuff over the years, but nothing has the hold on me SEARCH has. I do think SEARCH is part of the reason I went into tv as a profession. How about you, Jim Alexander?
      Well, Carol--

      I was quite passionate about SEARCH as well when I was younger. So much so that I wrote and drew my own SEARCH adventures for personal gratification, as well as a long-running strip for our ('Quill and Scroll Award' winning) High School newspaper featuring SEARCH themes. I also wrote Leslie Stevens before he passed away, to express my affection for his creation--and received a personal letter from him in return. I ordered SEARCH merchandise from Lincoln Enterprises, and, as some listmembers know, I audio-taped the episodes when they played on network in 1972 and 1973 (a few days ago, I just unearthed a reel-to-reel recording of 'The Packagers' I didn't even remember I had).

      As far as SEARCH influencing my 26-year profession in local TV? Well, let me put it this way: I loved episodic TV as a kid. STAR TREK, JONNY QUEST, Hanna Barbera shows like THE HERCULOIDS and SPACE GHOST, the Filmation SUPERMAN, BATMAN and AQUAMAN cartoons, BATMAN, THE GREEN HORNET, LOST IN SPACE, THE TIME TUNNEL, LAND OF THE GIANTS, THE WILD, WILD WEST, THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E., and on and on--shows too numerous to mention.

      Since you asked if SEARCH influenced me, I will say that ALL the TV of my youth influenced me to go into the profession in which I still work. And since SEARCH was one of my very favorites, I would have to say that it was one of the biggest influences. :)

      Thanks--