Re: [probe_control] Colossus: The Forbin Project (was: "Trek effect")

  • K. A. Shipman
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 6, 2007
      I have read the Colossus trilogy many times.
      I find it interesting that back then Jones made no diferentstion between
      software and hardware.
      Another sign of the times in which it was written.

      Yours,
      Ken S.

      Lockwood forever.

      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 6, 2007
        Hello Ken S

        Back in those days the layman didn�t know much about computers. Most of the
        books available were discussing binary gates in technical language so the
        thought must have been everything was hot-wired.

        Commissioning Editor: http://www.sfcrowsnest.co.uk or
        http://www.computercrowsnest.co.uk
        THE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY MAGAZINE
        THE E-BOOK PUBLISHER THAT TRIES HARDER

        AOL AOL ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
        http://search.aol.com/aolcom/browse?id=906&source=subcats Yahoo Yahoo ranks
        SFcrowsnest #4 most popular SFF site on the Internet
        http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/ DMOZ
        DMOZ ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
        http://dmoz.org/Arts/Literature/Genres/Science_Fiction/ Google Google ranks
        SFcrowsnest #2 most popular SFF site on the Internet
        http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/

        Get Pimped! FREE emoticon packs from Windows Live -
        http://www.pimpmylive.co.uk