Warners sound stage

  • jeffhaas2sorrent
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 7, 2007
      I was going through pictures on a completely different website, of a
      guy's backstage tour at Warners. The exterior of one soundstage has a
      list of all the productions done in it...take a look at the picture
      with the caption of "TV Too."

      http://homepage.mac.com/tfrank8176/Archives/PhotoAlbum107.html
    • DBoysen@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 7, 2007
        Very cool. I worked there for ten years and never even noticed that.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 7, 2007
          --- In probe_control, "jeffhaas2sorrent" wrote:
          http://homepage.mac.com/tfrank8176/Archives/PhotoAlbum107.html

          Hi: Thanks for sending in the link.

          I can add that the pic with the caption "Where Polly was working" is
          part of the scene in "The Bullet" where Lockwood met with Peter Balzak
          outside the train station, and both got hit with toxic bullets.

          The pic captioned "Video village on right" shows the building across
          the way from Lockwood and Balzak where the rifle appeared in one of
          the windows.

          Other messages discussing where different sets and stages were used:

          ... The interior sets for Gen. Harbison's headquarters in "The
          Packagers" are the same interiors used for Arlene Morrison's apartment
          in "The Clayton Lewis Document."

          The link above relating to Warner Bros. exterior sets has been posted
          previously on this list, but there are some updates to the page.

          Some items of note: The "New York Street" was used in "The Bullet."
          The second photo in the "New York Street" section shows the apparent
          movie theatre and marquee which doubled as the train station where
          Lockwood and Bremer were shot with the toxic bullets. You can click
          on the smaller pic to see a larger pic which gives a great deal more
          detail.

          Scroll farther down and you get the "Embassy Courtyard" exterior,
          which was used as Harbison's headquarters in "The Packagers" and for
          Vollmer's bank in "Numbered for Death."

          Farther down is "Blondie Street (at the Ranch)," which is the
          neighborhood Lockwood drove through in "Countdown to Panic." Anne
          Francis' "Parker house" was also the Kravitz house on Morning Glory
          Circle in "Bewitched," as well as The Partridge Family, and the
          neighborhood used in "Lethal Weapon," etc. Much more on this
          neighborhood at http://www.1164.com - this site has been mentioned
          here previously also, but the owner has included many new photos and
          updates.
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 7, 2007
            Woooooooooooooow.

            I took that tour last November, and DANGIT--they wouldn't allow cameras during portions of the tour... and even when they DID, they zipped through so fast that there was no possible way that you could read the individual names on the soundstages (I practically had to BEG for them to stop the tram so I could take a picture of the 1966 BATMAN TV Series 'Gotham City Courthouse' steps). ;)

            Anyway... that's a VERY cool picture that you found, and shared with the group. I think it's FANTASTIC that Warner's is about the only studio that seems to remember and embrace their history. And it's also cool that SEARCH is remembered enough to warrant that soundstage inclusion. I can't tell you how much I wish I'd seen that while I was there.

            Thanks for sharing--

            Jim Alexander
            ============================

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 8, 2007
              Jim

              What you need is a working scanner. :-)

              Commissioning Editor: http://www.sfcrowsnest.co.uk or
              http://www.computercrowsnest.co.uk
              THE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY MAGAZINE
              THE E-BOOK PUBLISHER THAT TRIES HARDER

              AOL AOL ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
              http://search.aol.com/aolcom/browse?id=906&source=subcats Yahoo Yahoo ranks
              SFcrowsnest #4 most popular SFF site on the Internet
              http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/ DMOZ
              DMOZ ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
              http://dmoz.org/Arts/Literature/Genres/Science_Fiction/ Google Google ranks
              SFcrowsnest #2 most popular SFF site on the Internet
              http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/

              Tell MSN about your most memorable emails! http://www.emailbritain.co.uk/
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 8, 2007
                Geoff wrote:

                >... What you need is a working scanner. :-)

                Geoff
                ==================
                HA! That'd save a lot of headaches, Geoff! :)

                Jim
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 9, 2007
                  Hello Jim

                  Except when a little shock treatment is applied if you become unconscious.
                  :-)

                  Commissioning Editor: http://www.sfcrowsnest.co.uk or
                  http://www.computercrowsnest.co.uk
                  THE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY MAGAZINE
                  THE E-BOOK PUBLISHER THAT TRIES HARDER

                  AOL AOL ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
                  http://search.aol.com/aolcom/browse?id=906&source=subcats Yahoo Yahoo ranks
                  SFcrowsnest #4 most popular SFF site on the Internet
                  http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/ DMOZ
                  DMOZ ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
                  http://dmoz.org/Arts/Literature/Genres/Science_Fiction/ Google Google ranks
                  SFcrowsnest #2 most popular SFF site on the Internet
                  http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/

                  Tell Hotmail about an email that changed your life!
                  http://www.emailbritain.co.uk/