Re: Who was the most popular?

  • search_fan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25 11:35 AM
      --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, <mitchsand@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > Of the three leading men who was the fan's most popular, and who got
      the highest Nielsen ratings?
      > Any idea why there were three leads instead of just one?
      >
      > Mitch

      I enjoyed them all! they were all hunks and each character so
      different. my 2 favroite episodes are Short circuit and Honeymoon to
      Kill though. LOVE Honeymoon to kill! Just happen to both be Grover
      episodes. I never got to meet Doug McClure or Burgess Meridith. I
      never heard of them doing apperances in or area or close enough I
      could get to.
      Carol Jackson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 26 5:25 PM
        --- In probe_control, <mitchsand@...> wrote:
        > Of the three leading men who was the fan's most popular, and who
        got > the highest Nielsen ratings?
        > Any idea why there were three leads instead of just one?
        >
        > Mitch

        Hi Mitch: You can check out our Polls section and find Hugh O'Brian
        is by far the favorite Probe agent on this list:

        In one of the John Strong interview segments, I believe it was stated
        that the McClure episodes did not rate quite as highly in the
        Neilsens as the others. I'd have to dig back to get the exact quote.

        And the reason there were three agents is because Hugh O'Brian, while
        he agreed to do the Probe pilot, did not want the rigorous schedule
        of a full weekly series. He almost did not do the series until
        someone hit upon the idea of doing a rotating cast, similar to the
        way it was done with, "The Name of the Game," which is another series
        Leslie Stevens was associated with.

        Those of you who missed it should appreciate my article on Search,
        which is still available from TVparty. Nowadays the article is
        divided into two parts, hence the two links:
        http://tvparty.com/recsearch.html
        http://tvparty.com/recsearch2.html