Re: [probe_control] Who was the most popular?

  • mitchsand@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2007
      Hello,

      Of the three leading men who was the fan's most popular, and who got the highest Nielsen ratings?
      Any idea why there were three leads instead of just one?

      Mitch
    • search_fan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 25, 2007
        --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, <mitchsand@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > Of the three leading men who was the fan's most popular, and who got
        the highest Nielsen ratings?
        > Any idea why there were three leads instead of just one?
        >
        > Mitch

        I enjoyed them all! they were all hunks and each character so
        different. my 2 favroite episodes are Short circuit and Honeymoon to
        Kill though. LOVE Honeymoon to kill! Just happen to both be Grover
        episodes. I never got to meet Doug McClure or Burgess Meridith. I
        never heard of them doing apperances in or area or close enough I
        could get to.
        Carol Jackson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 26, 2007
          --- In probe_control, <mitchsand@...> wrote:
          > Of the three leading men who was the fan's most popular, and who
          got > the highest Nielsen ratings?
          > Any idea why there were three leads instead of just one?
          >
          > Mitch

          Hi Mitch: You can check out our Polls section and find Hugh O'Brian
          is by far the favorite Probe agent on this list:

          In one of the John Strong interview segments, I believe it was stated
          that the McClure episodes did not rate quite as highly in the
          Neilsens as the others. I'd have to dig back to get the exact quote.

          And the reason there were three agents is because Hugh O'Brian, while
          he agreed to do the Probe pilot, did not want the rigorous schedule
          of a full weekly series. He almost did not do the series until
          someone hit upon the idea of doing a rotating cast, similar to the
          way it was done with, "The Name of the Game," which is another series
          Leslie Stevens was associated with.

          Those of you who missed it should appreciate my article on Search,
          which is still available from TVparty. Nowadays the article is
          divided into two parts, hence the two links:
          http://tvparty.com/recsearch.html
          http://tvparty.com/recsearch2.html