The re-use of SEARCH sets

  • dghprobe3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2001
      Hi folks, Don again.  In viewing the SEARCH episodes, one notices such things
      as the reuse of interior (indoor) and exterior (outdoor) sets.  Below is an
      example.

      The shot on the lower left is Grover (Doug McClure) making his way through
      Gen. Harbison's headquarters in "The Packagers."  On the lower right is
      Arlene Morrison (Rhonda Fleming) in her apartment from "The Clayton Lewis
      Document."

      The set decoration and the lighting is different, but the same set is used.

      (If an image does not appear below, click on the link and it should show up.)
    • dmanmetz@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 30, 2001
        Wow, I must have a sixth sense or somthing. I was just thinking the same thing last night when I was watch the "The Gold Machine" for the 6th time! (I can never get enough of Search). Anyway, in act I of "The Gold Machine" I thought that the setting looked familiar when Lockwood comes down the stairs of the airport to meet his Limo driver. These are the same airport stairs that Bianco comes hobbling down to meet Anjanette the "tag" (the very end) of "Let us Prey".
        Also, I don't know how many times they used the stock footage of the helicopter. This footage can be seen in "The Gold Machine", "The Adonis File", "A Honeymoon to Kill", and briefly in a Bianco episode. I think "The Clayton Lewis Document". Anyway, Search is a fun show to watch and I am looking forward to someday when we get a hold of the remaining six episodes. That's all I have.-----------End Run---------------------------

        Chris