Real Life Probe Scanner Kodak 1881

  • Stephen Russell
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 22, 2007
      Saw a Large Probe scanner named Kodak 1881 Photo locket.
      Bigger than TV show Scanner.
      BUT Concept same BUT for digital still camera use now.

      Note the timeline:
      Probe TV show 1972 debut- Kodak 1881 scanner 2007.

      See on TrendHunter.com under Cameras.
      A-Z on TrendHunter.com
      FYI

      Now modify for TV show scanner for men & women.
      Very doable.

      Probe in Real LIFE (the locket anyway).

      How much per???
    • ronaldheld
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 23, 2007
        How much is it?

        --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Russell"
        <stephenrusell@...> wrote:

        > Saw a Large Probe scanner named Kodak 1881 Photo locket.
        > Bigger than TV show Scanner.
        > BUT Concept same BUT for digital still camera use now.
        >
        > Note the timeline:
        > Probe TV show 1972 debut- Kodak 1881 scanner 2007.
        >
        > See on TrendHunter.com under Cameras.
        > A-Z on TrendHunter.com
        > FYI
        >
        > Now modify for TV show scanner for men & women.
        > Very doable.
        >
        > Probe in Real LIFE (the locket anyway).
        >
        > How much per???

      • Richard D. Perez
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 23, 2007
          It is apparently only a concept. It is way too big for people to wear
          around their necks, in my opinion.

          http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/20/kodak-1881-concept-cam-takes-discreet-snaps-is-not-discreet/

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 23, 2007
            Hello everyone

            Re: Kodak camera. A bit obvious as well. Imagine wearing it on a tie-clip.

            I emailed John the acting man an ad from the latest Eye Spy mag. You can get
            a real spy camera for about �350 and its lens is actually smaller than the
            scanner now.

            Commissioning Editor: http://www.sfcrowsnest.co.uk or
            http://www.computercrowsnest.co.uk
            THE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY MAGAZINE
            THE E-BOOK PUBLISHER THAT TRIES HARDER

            AOL AOL ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
            http://search.aol.com/aolcom/browse?id=906&source=subcats Yahoo Yahoo ranks
            SFcrowsnest #4 most popular SFF site on the Internet
            http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/ DMOZ
            DMOZ ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
            http://dmoz.org/Arts/Literature/Genres/Science_Fiction/ Google Google ranks
            SFcrowsnest #2 most popular SFF site on the Internet
            http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 23, 2007
              And as Don and Jim can testify to, it takes me forever to get stuff done.

              I just posted the scans that Geoff refers to in the files section of our
              Yahoo Groups area, in a folder called "Button Camera"

              Thanks to Geoff for sending it to us.

              On 4/23/07, Geoff Willmetts <gfwillmetts@...> wrote:

              > Hello everyone
              >
              > Re: Kodak camera. A bit obvious as well. Imagine wearing it on a tie-clip.
              >
              > I emailed John the acting man an ad from the latest Eye Spy mag. You can
              > get
              > a real spy camera for about £350 and its lens is actually smaller than the
              > scanner now.

            • Keith
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 23, 2007
                ". . .uh . . .why is there an extension cord connected to your ring . . ?"

                --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, actingman6@... wrote:

                > And as Don and Jim can testify to, it takes me forever to get stuff
                done.

                > I just posted the scans that Geoff refers to in the files section of our
                > Yahoo Groups area, in a folder called "Button Camera"
                >
                > Thanks to Geoff for sending it to us.
                >
                > On 4/23/07, Geoff Willmetts <gfwillmetts@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello everyone
                > >
                > > Re: Kodak camera. A bit obvious as well. Imagine wearing it on a
                tie-clip.

                > > I emailed John the acting man an ad from the latest Eye Spy mag.
                You can
                > > get
                > > a real spy camera for about £350 and its lens is actually smaller
                than the
                > > scanner now.
                > >
                > > Geoff

              • Skip Brown
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 23, 2007
                  Here is an interesting site I came across last night.

                  Apparently this young man has wired himself to the internet for the last 35
                  days using a remote camera attached to his hat. 24 hours a day, 7 days a
                  week (depending on technology glitches), Justin of Justin.TV is broadcasting
                  his life live on the net, everywhere he goes. His camera, and a state of
                  the art broadcasting pack makes it possible for him to go to work, travel
                  around San Francisco, and live his life as he normally would - the
                  difference: he is always connected to live viewers all over the globe.

                  This is obviously not a compact, stealth technology but it gives us a
                  glimpse of what it might be like if we were in the Red Room or White Room,
                  watching a PROBE agent at work. Unfortunately, Justin doesn't have a team
                  conversing with him, but you can go online and chat with other Justin fans
                  in a live chat while watching the live feed.

                  Interesting stuff to consider. Thought you might be interested in checking
                  it out, but keep in mind, its not so much SEARCH as it is "EDtv".

                  Skip

                  Here is the URL: http://www.justin.tv <http://www.justin.tv/>

                • ronaldheld
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 25, 2007
                    It is a start even if there is no transmitter in it.

                    --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "Geoff Willmetts"

                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 25, 2007
                      Hello Ronald

                      Give it time. Give it time.

                      Commissioning Editor: http://www.sfcrowsnest.co.uk or
                      http://www.computercrowsnest.co.uk
                      THE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY MAGAZINE
                      THE E-BOOK PUBLISHER THAT TRIES HARDER

                      AOL AOL ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
                      http://search.aol.com/aolcom/browse?id=906&source=subcats Yahoo Yahoo ranks
                      SFcrowsnest #4 most popular SFF site on the Internet
                      http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/ DMOZ
                      DMOZ ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
                      http://dmoz.org/Arts/Literature/Genres/Science_Fiction/ Google Google ranks
                      SFcrowsnest #2 most popular SFF site on the Internet
                      http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/

                      Solve the Conspiracy and win fantastic prizes.
                      http://www.theconspiracygame.co.uk/
                    • ronaldheld
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 26, 2007
                        Geoff:
                        It could be a few years if the corporate motivation was there.
                        Ronald

                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 26, 2007
                          Hello Ronald

                          I've been watching the development of spytech, especially on the commercial
                          market. Its moving along at a faster rate than even computer tech.

                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 28, 2007
                            For spytech, it might be here(or very close) already and we would
                            not know it.
                            Ronald