Dual format VCR`s

  • Linfoot@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2001
      Hi Don,

      Yes I can confirm that most of the new VCR`s in the UK now play both
      PAL and NTSC tapes as I found out when looking into a way of playing
      or converting the Search tapes. I am not sure if these machines are
      available in the US though, check with your local electrical stores.
      I suppose it is because of consumer demand, I know people who buy
      tapes when they are in the US or order via the internet simply
      because they are cheaper than the UK (but then isn`t everything !, as
      I understand it you pay about a $1 a gallon for fuel, our equivalent
      is $9 a gallon !) it is the same with DVD players and discs, NTSC
      versions are much cheaper than PAL but you need a multi-region player
      or someone who knows how to de-code them.

      Paul