Re: Response From The Grayson Hall Website

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2006
      --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, actingman6@... wrote:
      > So that is as much as they know...and as much as we know. BTW here
      > is their website www.graysonhall.net

      Hi: What we have found so far in all our research and interviewing
      is that anything is possible.

      Our study of the SEARCH filmclips has shown that there were many
      scenes filmed which they ended up not using. There is my article on
      probecontrol.com regarding a missing scene in "The Murrow
      Disappearance." Marta Dawes identified the actor playing the doctor
      as Richard Stahl:
      http://www.probecontrol.com/articles/UnusedMurrow.htm

      Article & pics of Grover's orange jeep, more unused footage:
      http://www.probecontrol.com/articles/GroverJeep.htm

      I think there are other cases where someone was actually listed in
      the closing credits of a Search episode, yet the person actually did
      not appear, or they appear in only a frame or two.

      I can say we haven't seen any filmclips so far that include actress
      Grayson Hall. But this still doesn't mean much as there was a lot of
      footage that Lincoln Enterprises never got to distribute. And we
      never got footage from the final eight episodes.

      It's also possible, as you mentioned, that there were preparations
      for another episode; she may have come in to read for a part and was
      accepted, and they may have gotten to a rehearsal stage, or even
      filmed some footage, then the show was cancelled. Wish we could have
      gotten a little more detail on just what happened. If she mentioned
      Burgess Meredith and Doug McClure, then her scenes would have been in
      Probe Control, or her appearance would have been on the Probe
      viewscreen.

      I don't think there is any reason Grayson Hall would lie about having
      been involved with Search at some level. We just don't know whether
      things progressed to the point where footage was shot and/or
      discarded, etc.

      The only other thing I can think to do would be to look over the
      scripts again and see if there isn't a discarded scene involving a
      woman character that might bring Grayson Hall to mind. John Strong
      would be a good one to ask about this. Ask him also about any
      unfilmed Search scripts, as well as any plans they might have had if
      the series had been renewed for another year.
    • dmanmetz@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2006
        In a message dated 8/4/2006 3:03:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        dghprobe3@... writes:

        It's also possible, as you mentioned, that there were preparations
        for another episode; she may have come in to read for a part and was
        accepted, and they may have gotten to a rehearsal stage, or even
        filmed some footage, then the show was cancelled. Wish we could have
        gotten a little more detail on just what happened. If she mentioned
        Burgess Meredith and Doug McClure, then her scenes would have been in
        Probe Control, or her appearance would have been on the Probe
        viewscreen.

        OR...............perhaps she was in one of the seven Grover episodes and
        fired and replaced by another actress to play McClure's leading lady for that
        episode.

        Chris