Actress Grayson Hall on Search (??)

  • actingman6@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2006
      Sometime around '98, someone contacted me asking about Grayson Hall
      appearing on Search. I did not know then, and with each new episode we
      would get, I would scan the credits.

      Today, trying to avoid doing work, I, for some reason, did a search on her,
      and found a page that I think the above email writer helped to compile on
      her http://hometown.aol.com/allard1234/ghresume.htm .

      What is VERY interesting is that on that page it is saying it was an
      "unaired" episode with Doug McClure.

      Now it is possible that they started to film Grover's eighth adventure, and
      NBC or Warners pulled the plug in the middle of shooting...

      ...or

      ...an unknown completed 24th episode????

      We only have the number 23 because of Lincoln Enterprises, and by what was
      aired on NBC. Trevor's station in Australia did not evn run all of the
      known 23 in the early 80's.

      So...

      ???

      I am tending to doubt that there is a whole unaired episode, because the
      show did go into summer reruns on NBC...and I think unaired episodes happen
      when a show gets completly pulled...no reruns or nothing. (Although I will
      be interested to know of any exceptions.)

      What do we think? If anything?

    • yorktowncmdr@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2006
        I tend to think this is an urban legend or folklore. SEARCH was rerunning
        during the summer of 1973. I would think NBC would have shown that episode. At
        beast an 8th C. R. Grover episode was planned or drafted, but it didn't get
        past the production stage.

        End Run,

        David

        WorldSecAnalyst

      • yorktowncmdr@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2006
          Mrs. Hall was never in SEARCH. I am a "Dark Shadows" fan, and I would think
          I'd know about this.

          David

          > Sometime around '98, someone contacted me asking about Grayson Hall
          > appearing on Search. I did not know then, and with each new episode we
          > would get, I would scan the credits.

        • Morningstar
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 7, 2006
            It does sound interesting. I would suspect that the episode was
            probably filmed, since that was scheduled. The post production
            (editing, scoring, audio tracking) was probably never completed.

            With the way rights are, it might be that since it was never a
            "Search" episode (broadcast), there might not have been royalties to
            the writer(s) for the final script. It may just be the magic
            bookkeeping of Hollywood.

            Time to sift through the archive of Warner and see what footage might
            still exist. Also, forensic accounting might work here; see if Doug
            McClure ever received payment for the episode. Or, perhaps see if
            AFTRA has a record of payment.

            Wouldn't that be a find!