Re: Scanner Prop Still?

  • galacticprobe
    Message 1 of 37 , May 6, 2006
      Greetings, All,

      I remember "Time Tunnel" (first-run eps - yes, I'm that old). I
      don't remember any Probe Control consoles being used as TT came
      before the turn of the decade, as did most of the Irwin Allen SciFi
      series ("Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", "Lost In Space", "Land of
      the Giants", et al). However, the short computer units like those
      seen in the first two Probe Control sets next to Griffin and Carlos,
      and behind Cameron next to the twin upright reel-to-reel drives, were
      definitely there.

      Those units seemed to be "generic" computer gizmos that found
      their way into other series of the time, including the Irwin Allen
      ones I mentioned above, and the '60s series "Batman." (Incidentally,
      the Bat Computer also utilized other props seen aboard the Jupiter
      2.) Also, unless I'm mistaken (and I'm sure I'll be corrected if I
      am) the short units also found their way into some later series such
      as "The Six Million-Dollar Man" and "The Bionic Woman."

      I'm sure we'd find them in many other productions as well if we
      scoured the ancient movies now available on video and DVD (including
      some that we may have already seen on "Mystery Science Theater 3000."

      End Run,
      Dino

      --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "Richard D. Perez"

    • swhite228@att.net
      Message 37 of 37 , May 7, 2006
        Most all of the 20th Century Fox, Irwin Allen shows used Burrows B205 computers and tape drives.
        It's the same computer used for the Batcomputer. They are highly collectible and a couple of people sell fiberglass replicas of them.

        -------------- Original message from "galacticprobe" <LambuLambu@...>: --------------

        <richardperez@...> wrote:

        > It is not uncommon for props to be used by producers of other
        > projects after a show is canceled. In fact, I think some of the
        > computers used in Probe Control were also used in THE TIME TUNNEL.

        Television via satellite Television career production Television

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Visit your group "probe_control" on the web.