Newbie question(s)

  • Chuck Joiner
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 15, 2006
      Hello everyone,

      Through a series of happy web-surfing accidents I discovered this list
      and just joined, so please pardon what are probably terribly over-asked
      questions.

      I have an old, old VHS of the pilot movie that I'm almost afraid to play
      because of the condition of the tape; nice to know that there are others
      who remember this series that I always thought was way ahead of its time.

      Is there any kind of FAQ file about the show i.e. episode guide, plot
      summaries, etc?

      And the very obvious question: is there anywhere one can get copies of
      the show on DVD or VHS?

      Thanks!

      ---Chuck
    • bfiler2002000
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 15, 2006
        I wasn't aware The Equalizer was on DVD...a few episodes were released
        on video some years back, but they were only a very few, all
        two-parters, as I recall. I do remember thinking at the time it was
        very strange and wondering why they did that.

        Now that the new Sleuth Channel has begun showing The Equalizer
        (according to their website) I have been hoping that would lead
        to a DVD release for the whole series. I don't have DVD as of yet,
        but would like to see that in terms of making people aware of a
        great show.

        Does anybody here get the Sleuth Channel? It doesn't air on my cable
        system, and I talked to a friend who lives in the NYC area, who said
        she didn't have it either...and I thought she would, being in NYC!
        Their initial offerings (again, according to their Web site) aren't
        too inspiring when you think of some of the things they could show,
        however, I heard a rumor that they were planning to run SEARCH at some
        future point (might just be the PROBE pilot, but even that would be
        good...if it wasn't at 4 A.M.!) so we might want to keep a look out.

        --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, <actingman@...> wrote:

        > Geoff: On behalf of a friend who loved The Equalizer...it was
        released on DVD somewhere at some point?

        > >Subject: RE: [probe_control] Re: definitions
        > > From: "Geoff Willmetts" <gfwillmetts@...>
        > > Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 22:39:28 +0000
        > > To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
        > >

        > >The Lone Gunmen DVD is out in the UK, just haven't had a slot to
        fit into my
        > >watching schedule yet. Any of you folk got any idea why the Edward
        Woodward

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 15, 2006
          Hi: Sleuth Channel is what NBC-Universal replaced with the now-
          defunct TRIO Channel. I hear it is available on Time-Warner cable
          systems.
          sleuthchannel.com/FAQ/

          I've also heard that Sleuth is supposed to appear on DirecTV sometime
          this year, but no exact date has been given besides "Spring 2006,"
          which is already upon us.
          http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=56127

          Haven't heard that they might show "Search" or the pilot movie. Be
          nice if they did. Everyone keep a lookout.

        • actingman@mindspring.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 15, 2006
            Geoff: On behalf of a friend who loved The Equalizer...it was released on DVD somewhere at some point?

            >Subject: RE: [probe_control] Re: definitions
            > From: "Geoff Willmetts" <gfwillmetts@...>
            > Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 22:39:28 +0000
            > To: probe_control@yahoogroups.com
            >

            >The Lone Gunmen DVD is out in the UK, just haven't had a slot to fit into my
            >watching schedule yet. Any of you folk got any idea why the Edward Woodward
            >series 'The Equalizer' on DVD got pulled so quickly??
          • STEPHEN RUSELL
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 15, 2006
              Cant get Sleuth Channel on Charter Comm in La Canada area CA.
              Damn.
              Yet NBC is nearby in Burbank.
              Hope so for Search.

              dghprobe3 <dghprobe3@...> wrote:
              Hi: Sleuth Channel is what NBC-Universal replaced with the now-
              defunct TRIO Channel. I hear it is available on Time-Warner cable
              systems.
              sleuthchannel.com/FAQ/

              I've also heard that Sleuth is supposed to appear on DirecTV sometime
              this year, but no exact date has been given besides "Spring 2006,"
              which is already upon us.
              http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=56127

              Haven't heard that they might show "Search" or the pilot movie. Be
              nice if they did. Everyone keep a lookout.

              --- In probe_control, "bfiler2002000" wrote:
              > Does anybody here get the Sleuth Channel...

              Television commercial production Television advertising Plasma television Television via satellite Television career production Television

              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 15, 2006
                Give a shout if you hear that they are on Directv. That would be nice since they dropped Trio...and haven't added anything good since

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 15, 2006
                  Then Chuck, I guess you haven't been to www.probecontrol.com yet.

                  Go now...and come back to us in about three days when you surface for air.

                  You'll see what I mean.

                  >Subject: [probe_control] Newbie question(s)
                  > From: "Chuck Joiner" <chuck@...>
                  > Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 20:27:12 -0400
                  > To: <probe_control@yahoogroups.com>
                  >
                  >Hello everyone,
                  >
                  >Through a series of happy web-surfing accidents I discovered this list
                  >and just joined, so please pardon what are probably terribly over-asked
                  >questions.
                  >
                  >I have an old, old VHS of the pilot movie that I'm almost afraid to play
                  >because of the condition of the tape; nice to know that there are others
                  >who remember this series that I always thought was way ahead of its time.
                  >
                  >Is there any kind of FAQ file about the show i.e. episode guide, plot
                  >summaries, etc?
                  >
                  >And the very obvious question: is there anywhere one can get copies of
                  >the show on DVD or VHS?
                  >
                  >Thanks!
                  >
                  >---Chuck
                • Richard D. Perez
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 16, 2006
                    Apparently THE EQUALIZER is on dvd in the UK, but not here. If you buy
                    an Apex DVD player, it can be flashed to play all regions.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 16, 2006
                      I've had a region free, plays PAL dvd player for years now.

                      I checked Amazon.uk...no trace of Equalizer on dvd there.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 16, 2006
                        Check out www.dvdavenue.tv for the DVDs