Search connections

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2006
      Hello everyone

      There is one thing that can be said about the Trek discussion, it fills in
      the gaps when we're a little out of steam on Search. It isn't like we're
      kids here after all. This is by no means an avocation away from Search just
      that there's no need to feel embarrassed by it either.

      If you want a new line of thought though, how about working out how many
      recent shows have obviously had a Search influence compared to those who've
      just taken a run at using current big brother camera watching society.
      I've already cited that X-Files episode and Alias as it. UK [Spooks] or US
      titled as 'MI5' being an example of the latter.

      Commissioning Editor: http://www.sfcrowsnest.co.uk or
      http://www.computercrowsnest.co.uk
      THE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY MAGAZINE
      THE E-BOOK PUBLISHER THAT TRIES HARDER

      AOL AOL ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
      http://search.aol.com/aolcom/browse?id=906&source=subcats Yahoo Yahoo ranks
      SFcrowsnest #4 most popular SFF site on the Internet
      http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/ DMOZ
      DMOZ ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
      http://dmoz.org/Arts/Literature/Genres/Science_Fiction/ Google Google ranks
      SFcrowsnest #2 most popular SFF site on the Internet
      http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 11, 2006
        Hi Geoff: Actually, I've enjoyed the discussions of Trek and other
        shows. The only trouble I have concerns some of the inaccurate
        statements that have been made recently.

        The short-lived "The Lone Gunmen" series had a similar light-hearted
        Search-like spin on the surveillance angle. But some of the gags did
        get on the weird side.

        --- In probe_control, "Geoff Willmetts" wrote:
        > There is one thing that can be said about the Trek discussion,
        it fills in
        > the gaps when we're a little out of steam on Search...
        > If you want a new line of thought though, how about working
        out how many
        > recent shows have obviously had a Search influence...
      • Morningstar
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 11, 2006
          While not directly tied, I think that "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation"
          is a derivative of "Search." It is definitely the "science behind the
          mystery."

          --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "Geoff Willmetts"