Re: [probe_control] Re: OT: Any Good Remakes?

  • Richard D. Perez
    Message 1 of 36 , Mar 31, 2006
      The rest of the ST film series used a uniform design to represent all
      divisions of the crew. This is what Roddenberry originally wanted. NBC,
      owned by RCA, demanded garish colors, so he obliged. Interestingly, he
      went back to color-coded uniforms when the TV franchise was revived in 1987.

      actingman@... wrote:
      > Interesting. This statement is the one I have always heard about the
      > costume changes for TMP:
      >
      > "Robert Fletcher was also given the challenge of coming up with a new
      > design for Starfleet uniforms. The original, brightly colored tunic
      > approach, created by William Ware Theiss, was considered by director
      > Robert Wise to be too garish when seen on the large screen. Thus
      > Fletcher developed a series of uniforms in muted fabrics."

    • cmaurelius
      Message 36 of 36 , Apr 13, 2006
        The Avengers, like The Saint and a few others like Lost in Space were great movies as far
        as movies go. My feeling is that they were NOT remakes though. Call them something
        else. Use different titles for the movie itself. Call LIS The Space family Robinson for
        example.
        They are okay and, if bought second hand or at Wal Mart, good cheap entertainment, Just
        retitle the danged things!
        CD

        --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, <actingman@...> wrote:

        > Stephen...you are the first person I have every heard who had anything positive to say
        about the Avengers movie (I haven't seen it myself.)

        > For the sake of this discussion, I had in mind works that started out as tv shows...Wild
        Wild West, Car 54, The Avengers, etc. I don't think I would include those works that
        originally started out in some other form...like most of the ones on this list that started
        out in comics form.