Re: OT: St.John/St. James

  • Anthony
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006
      I hope to get in a post on the recent (IMO untimely) death of
      Tony Franciosa, yet this is an interesting topic...

      --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Alexander"
      <probecontrol@...> wrote:
      > > R P wrote:
      > > Yes, Jim...I saw THE GODDESS, Susan St. James, IN PERSON in NYC
      > =============
      > Ooooops!!! Right before I read your e-mail on Ms. St. James, I'd
      > just left
      > a page where they were talking about the BATMAN TV Show 40th
      > Anniversary,
      > and what a great job Jill St. John had done in the BATMAN TV Sho
      > Pilot.
      > (See the January 12th blog here:
      >http://videowatchdog.blogspot.com/2006_01_08_videowatchdog_archive.h
      >tml )
      > ... and I still had 'St. John' on the brain. ;) Whoops.
      > ==============

      > > I think it's entirely appropriate that two actresses with such
      > > angelic
      > > countenances have the word SAINT incoporated into their
      > >name......
      > ==============

      Though neither of them was born with the (SAINT) name, it's not
      the first time that the potential confusion has been remarked on.
      Indeed, I seem to remember that way back about 25 years ago (when
      Ebersol was the producer), Susan St. James was once guest hosting
      SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE. In her monologue, Ms. St. James was humorously
      talking about clearing up various "misunderstandings" allegedly
      surrounding her life and career. Once of these was that Susan St.
      James and Jill St. John were supposedly the same
      person. "Responding" to this, SSJ pointed to her chest and said
      something like, "I don't look like Jill St. John!"

      SNL continued on this subject a few years later. There was a
      skit showing groups of "similar" actors hanging around together in
      Hollywood (i.e. Fernando Lamas and Ricardo Montalban as "Hispanic
      has-beens," George Hamilton and George Maharis "over-the-hill pretty
      boys named George"). Susan St. James and Jill St. John were depicted
      as a social grouping, together with Eva Marie Saint.

      And of course, SSJ and JSJ were both in THE NAME OF THE GAME
      pilot with Tony Franciosa from SEARCH!

      Anthony
    • Morningstar
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006
        Does anyone else have the "Batman" movie starring Adam West and Burt
        Ward? If they put the series out like the movie, I will be pleased.

        Did anyone see or buy "Back to the Batcave" movie. It was quite fun. I
        recommend it. Also, there is a site for Adam West:

        http://www.adamwest.com/

        Tony

        P.S. I think that they would be the "Bat-discs."

        --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, R P <tinatylerfan@...> wrote:

        > I know I'd do the Batusi for a bat-DVD !!!!!!
        >
        > Geoff Willmetts <gfwillmetts@...> wrote: Hello Bob
        >
        > I've heard that the 1960s Batman TV series is coming out on DVD this
        year. I
        > wonder if they'll call it bat-DVD??!!
        >
        > Geoff
        >

        > ********* GF Willmetts ****************************
        > Commissioning Editor: http://www.sfcrowsnest.co.uk or
        > http://www.computercrowsnest.co.uk
        > THE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY MAGAZINE
        > THE E-BOOK PUBLISHER THAT TRIES HARDER
        >
        > WE DON�T CHOOSE OUR RANK POSITIONS, OTHERS PUT US THERE:-
        >
        > AOL AOL ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
        > http://search.aol.com/aolcom/browse?id=906&source=subcats Yahoo
        Yahoo ranks
        > SFcrowsnest #4 most popular SFF site on the Internet

        http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/
        DMOZ
        > DMOZ ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
        > http://dmoz.org/Arts/Literature/Genres/Science_Fiction/ Google
        Google ranks

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
          > Though neither of them was born with the (SAINT) name, it's not the
          > first time that the potential confusion has been remarked on. (snip) And
          > of course, SSJ and JSJ were both in THE NAME OF THE GAME pilot with Tony
          > Franciosa from SEARCH!
          Interesting stuff!!!

          And thanks for making me feel better about my slip-up, Anthony. ;)