can anyone tell me who's left from the show?

  • davidfilm2020
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 27, 2006
      hey guys....are there any probes left from the show?
      any news about a remake?
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 27, 2006
        Hugh O'Brian is the last of "the big three." Other Probes who went
        out in the field include Angel Tompkins, and Edward Bell (Andre
        Gerard), if he's still with us, and maybe a few of the Probe techs
        (such as Byron Chung, A Martinez, Cheryl Ladd (Stoppelmoor), et al).

        New members who missed Jim Alexander's terrific interviews with
        production honcho John Christopher Strong can go back and check them
        for behind the scenes insight:

        No dice on a remake unless we can convince someone to run the reruns
        of the original, which seems to be an impossibility up to now. We
        haven't even seen the Search pilot movie run by anyone in at least 15
        years or more. Search always seemed like the perfect show for TV
        Land or The Goodlife Channel, but nooooooooo.

        --Don

        ------------------------------
        --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "davidfilm2020"
        <davidfilm2020@y...> wrote:

        > hey guys....are there any probes left from the show?
        > any news about a remake?
      • STEPHEN RUSELL
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 28, 2006
          Did Angel Tompkins die???
          She did pose in Playboy some years back.
          On Rerun Orig serial, try CBS Slueth Channel & Hallmark Channel???
          Have Online petition.
          See Care2.org.
          FYI
          & use MYSPACE.COM to PR Search more???

          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 28, 2006
            Hi Stephen: As far as I know, Angel is still with us. Last I heard
            she was preparing an autobiography to be published, and a couple of
            years ago there was a feature article about her in one of the
            Enquirer/Star-like tabloids. Has anyone heard an update?

            All of us on this list have been communicating with the various
            TV/cable/satellite outlets over the last several years about Search,
            and we haven't been able to make a dent. Nobody knows what we're
            talking about. Judy Burns mentioned that this country can be tough
            on old shows, and this is true.

            Over the past year, I think someone mentioned that Warner finally
            lifted the "overseas only" restriction on Search, but it doesn't seem
            to have done any good. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that.) The
            problem is that not enough people remember the show, and if they do
            recall, it's a very dim memory. (Except for us, of course.)

            Maybe we should try outlets like the G4 channel, pointing out to them
            that Search was an early portrayal of hackers, as well as being a
            retro look at the future, and basically predicted the computer and
            communications revolution that lay ahead.

            --------------------

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 28, 2006
              Hello Don

              What about the actor who played Arthur Burrell in One Of Our Probes Is
              Missing??

              Commissioning Editor: http://www.sfcrowsnest.co.uk or
              http://www.computercrowsnest.co.uk
              THE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY MAGAZINE
              THE E-BOOK PUBLISHER THAT TRIES HARDER

              AOL AOL ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
              http://search.aol.com/aolcom/browse?id=906&source=subcats Yahoo Yahoo ranks
              SFcrowsnest #4 most popular SFF site on the Internet
              http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/ DMOZ
              DMOZ ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
              http://dmoz.org/Arts/Literature/Genres/Science_Fiction/ Google Google ranks
              SFcrowsnest #2 most popular SFF site on the Internet
              http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/

              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 28, 2006
                http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0319100/

                Thanks for the suggestion, Geoff. :-) Above links to The Internet
                Movie Database page on David Gilliam, who played Arthur Burrell
                in "Gold," and "Probes." According to imdb, his last TV work
                was "The Magnificent Ambersons" in 2002, playing the part of Wilber
                Minafer. But no other biographical information is provided. Having
                appeared in two episodes of Search involving two different Probe
                agents, and at an early stage of the series, he might make a good
                interview.

                http://movies2.nytimes.com/gst/movies/filmography.html?p_id=26939
                The New York Times Movies has this to say about him:

                <<<David Gilliam

                Actor/Fights Choreographer
                From All Movie Guide: Canadian leading actor David Gilliam got his
                start appearing in films in the 1970s. He also worked steadily in the
                theater, television and film. He later moved to Great Britain.>>>

                If Mr. Gilliam is indeed in Great Britain, and if someone can track
                him down, get in touch with Actingman by email. He can provide you
                with a VHS or DVD of his two Search episodes in the European PAL
                format to help jog the memory, if needed.

                ---------------------

                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 28, 2006
                  > If Mr. Gilliam is indeed in Great Britain, and if someone can track
                  > him down, get in touch with Actingman by email. He can provide you
                  > with a VHS or DVD of his two Search episodes in the European PAL
                  > format to help jog the memory, if needed.

                  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0319100/contact

                  Apparently, Gilliam can be contacted through his agent if anyone is able to
                  provide this 'imdb Pro' information. All we'd need is the contact
                  info--through imdb, and we'll take the ball from there.

                  Thanks--

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 29, 2006
                    Hello everyone

                    Just catching up on the mail in more detail. Tony Franciosa being out with
                    Universal might explain why we never saw him in the likes of Columbo and
                    other detective shows, wouldn't it??

                    I've been looking through my media mags but can't place the reference re:
                    Batman release. Doing what I do, I come across a lot of info but I doubt if
                    I'd confuse it with the animation series.

                    Hello Bob Greenberger (so many Bobs out there)

                    One thing has always puzzled me about DC properties. Why has there never
                    been a Green Lantern film?? With CGI today, he'd be a cinch to bring to
                    life.

                    As to David Gilliam. I was just thinking aloud. He was British?? Hmmm...

                    Gotta go

                    Commissioning Editor: http://www.sfcrowsnest.co.uk or
                    http://www.computercrowsnest.co.uk
                    THE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY MAGAZINE
                    THE E-BOOK PUBLISHER THAT TRIES HARDER

                    AOL AOL ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
                    http://search.aol.com/aolcom/browse?id=906&source=subcats Yahoo Yahoo ranks
                    SFcrowsnest #4 most popular SFF site on the Internet
                    http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/ DMOZ
                    DMOZ ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
                    http://dmoz.org/Arts/Literature/Genres/Science_Fiction/ Google Google ranks
                    SFcrowsnest #2 most popular SFF site on the Internet
                    http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/

                  • Mike
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 30, 2006
                      There's the live-action Green Lantern in the busted Justice League
                      pilot, of course, but perhaps the less said about that the better.

                      GL is basically DC's fifth "recognise the name" hero after Superman,
                      Batman, Wonder Woman and The Flash. Perhaps if the forthcoming
                      Flash movie does well, Green Lantern will be next.

                      As an unabashed 1940s comics fan, I'd hope that they would go back
                      to basics with the original Green Lantern, Alan Scott.

                      So who can think of a superhero who has a "mission control" like a
                      PROBE agent does?

                      --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "Geoff Willmetts"

                    • probecontrol@sigecom.net
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 30, 2006
                        Mike queried:
                        >So who can think of a superhero who has a "mission control"
                        like a PROBE agent does?
                        =====================
                        Barbara Gordon/Oracle???

                        Jim Alexander
                      • dmanmetz@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 30, 2006
                          Alright, I know this sounds crazy and you can brand me a nerd, but I somtimes use imagined our BIG Three as DC Super heroes shown on a rotating basis if that could have been done with class back in the early 70's. Hugh O'Brian/ Lockwood as Captain Marvel (Shazam!)Tony Franiscoa/ Nick Bianco as the Green Lantern and Doug Mcclure/ CR Grover as either the Flash or Aquaman. How's that for a chuckle.

                          Chris

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 30, 2006
                            >... Alright, I know this sounds crazy and you can brand me a nerd, but I
                            >somtimes use imagined our BIG Three as DC Super heroes shown on a rotating
                            >basis if that could have been done with class back in the early 70's. Hugh
                            >O'Brian/ Lockwood as Captain Marvel (Shazam!)Tony Franiscoa/ Nick Bianco as
                            >the Green Lantern and Doug Mcclure/ CR Grover as either the Flash or
                            >Aquaman. How's that for a chuckle.
                            =================
                            I'll never look at 'our boys' the same again, Chris. ;)

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 30, 2006
                              That should have read "the same WAY"...

                              Jim (who gets in a hurry when typing his e-mail responses)

                              ==========================
                              > I'll never look at 'our boys' the same again, Chris. ;)
                              >
                              > Jim Alexander
                            • Mike
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 30, 2006
                                Good call! The Birds of Prey series has got to be the closest thing
                                to PROBE in comics.

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Feb 2 11:04 AM
                                    It was also very briefly a series on I think, the WB.

                                    Mike <weirdmenace@...> wrote: Good call! The Birds of Prey series has got to be the closest thing
                                    to PROBE in comics.

                                    --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, <probecontrol@s...> wrote:

                                    > Mike queried:
                                    > >So who can think of a superhero who has a "mission control"
                                    > like a PROBE agent does?
                                    > Barbara Gordon/Oracle???
                                    >
                                    > Jim Alexander

                                    Television commercial production Television advertising Plasma television Television via satellite Television career production Television

                                  • Morningstar
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Feb 5 1:38 AM
                                      Lately I have seen the IMDB is offering a trial on IMDB Pro.

                                      --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Alexander"