Re: Cannell & shows in general...

  • Morningstar
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 12, 2006
      Part of the beauty of dvds, and laserdiscs before them, is that I
      don't have to depend on broadcasts. If I want to watch an original
      "Gilligan's Island" uncut, I can. The same it true for "Babylon 5,"
      "Space: 1999," "UFO," "Thunderbirds," and "Green Acres." There are
      some good programs on broadcast television and cable. But, when I want
      to watch a classic, I go to the shelf.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 12, 2006
        --- In probe_control, <probecontrol@s...> wrote:
        > <snip> It *almost* makes you feel sorry for the poor schlubs given
        > the editing assignments, Terri. They're just doin' their
        > jobs. But it still stinks.

        Hi: One of the reasons I enjoy these mailing lists is that I can
        throw out an offbeat observation or register a minor to severe
        complaint, and folks will send in usually enlightening replies. So
        thanks to all who have responded to this and related threads, I've
        learned a few things in the last couple of days.

        What we probably need are more cable channels that can do for TV
        series what Turner Classic Movies and Fox Movie Channel do for
        movies. I think Encore is the only cluster of channels that run TV
        series uncut and without commercials, but they are a premium pay
        service to which I don't have access.

        I would imagine the Sleuth Channel, being owned by NBC-Uni (like Sci-
        Fi Channel), cuts their shows/movies tremendously. Can anyone give a
        report on the overall appearance of Sleuth Channel? It's another one
        I can't get.

        --Don
      • Marta Dawes
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 13, 2006
          We're getting the Universal HD channel here, but I haven't seen the Sleuth
          Channel yet. I haven't had the chance to watch a series episode on Uni HD,
          but they show things like "The Equalizer" and "Knightrider," which I
          wouldn't know were uncut since I never watched them when they were first
          broadcast. Their movies so far have been less than inspiring, since they
          showed the cut version of "Dune" several weeks ago. It looked great,
          though. :-)

          Marta

          http://www.steveandmarta.com - See the 2004 Twilight Zone Convention page!

          All we are saying is...give Peace a chance.
          John Lennon

          May the good Lord take a likin' to ya and blow ya up real soon.
          Big Jim McBob and Billy Sol Hurok

          > <snip> It *almost* makes you feel sorry for the poor schlubs given
          > the editing assignments, Terri. They're just doin' their
          > jobs. But it still stinks.

          Hi: One of the reasons I enjoy these mailing lists is that I can
          throw out an offbeat observation or register a minor to severe
          complaint, and folks will send in usually enlightening replies. So
          thanks to all who have responded to this and related threads, I've
          learned a few things in the last couple of days.

          What we probably need are more cable channels that can do for TV
          series what Turner Classic Movies and Fox Movie Channel do for
          movies. I think Encore is the only cluster of channels that run TV
          series uncut and without commercials, but they are a premium pay
          service to which I don't have access.

          I would imagine the Sleuth Channel, being owned by NBC-Uni (like Sci-
          Fi Channel), cuts their shows/movies tremendously. Can anyone give a
          report on the overall appearance of Sleuth Channel? It's another one
          I can't get.

          --Don

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • STEPHEN RUSELL
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 13, 2006
            Shall we sue the DVD makers???
            Others?
            Petition???
            Online.
            With TV actors who lose residuals from DVDs alone.
            FYI.