Antenna, Scanner Color, Happy New Year.

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2006
      Hello All,

      I hope everyone had a Great Christmas.

      On a subject several post ago.

      I have also had the same thought Dino mentioned about the Magnet in the Scanner and the role it would play not only to serve as a means to attach it to the different locations the Probe agents do, but also as Dino stated - a means of power and or maybe anntena. Here is a link to some pretty small anntena:

      http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/Chip-antenna/p/2000000003844/3000000149681/sm/1000684184.htm

      I looked at some other very tiny coil type anntena sometime ago.They appear to small enough to fit in a Scanner.

      http://www.fractenna.com/index.html

      On another subject, I have been considering why the circuit board looks like it is different colors in the different shots of it through the series. One reason would be the obvious one - there were different Scanners - The Hero and some (Work Horses) but one would think that when they were made, that the boards were all one color? The second thing is that the film stock changes color over time. The last is the lighting conditions it was filmed under.

      I made a quick test on the Scanner Color, using the different settings on my Camcoder. I went throught the various modes (Action, Portrait, Indoor, Outdoor), then I used the Night Shot W/O the IR light, also used B/W. It was under Hologen, Florecent and regular Incondesent lighting.

      If I'm not mistaken, it also appears to me that the shape seems to look different in the different angles, maybe it's just me?

      If anyone wants to have a look:

      http://home.comcast.net/~toestub/ScannerComp.mpg

      It's about 19 Meg, might take a minute to load.

      I'm not sure how long I will be able to host the clip, I'll keep it there as long as I can. Feel free to download it.

      Have A Great Day All,

      Happy and Safe New Year!

      kc8nqa,

      Mike S.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2006
        Mike wrote:
        > I made a quick test on the Scanner Color, using the different settings on
        > my Camcoder. I went throught the various modes (Action, Portrait, Indoor,
        > Outdoor), then I used the Night Shot W/O the IR light, also used B/W. It
        > was under Hologen, Florecent and regular Incondesent lighting.
        >
        > If I'm not mistaken, it also appears to me that the shape seems to look
        > different in the different angles, maybe it's just me?
        >
        > If anyone wants to have a look:
        >
        > http://home.comcast.net/~toestub/ScannerComp.mpg
        >
        > It's about 19 Meg, might take a minute to load.

        =====================
        Interesting stuff, Mike. The music playing under the video is worth the
        price of admission, alone. ;) Where did it come from?

        Jim Alexander
      • Mike
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2006
          Hello Jim, and ALL,

          I hope that it's ok that the background theme came from here, the Probecontrol Site, I have been using it for one of my ring tones on my cell. Downloaded it sometime ago, I think from Files/ Sound Files. It was a midi - I converted it to Wav for the clip.

          Sorry bout the quality, I kinda just threw it together. I was gonna put ending credits but it woulda made the file bigger and more work.

          Good Day ALL.

          Mike S. :)