Another fine 60s/70s character actor passes away

  • probecontrol@sigecom.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2005
      From www.tvguide.com--

      IN MEMORIAM: Lloyd Bochner, perhaps best known for playing
      Dynasty's Cecil Colby, lost his battle with cancer on Sunday
      at his home in Santa Monica, Calif. He was 81. The Canadian
      actor also enjoyed roles in the series Mission: Impossible,
      Columbo and the original Battlestar Galactica.

      ----------------

      One of my better memories of Bochner is from what is
      generally considered as THE GREEN HORNET pilot (but was far
      from the first episode filmed), among many, many other fine
      performances.

      Here's a somewhat-recent picture from a TWILIGHT ZONE
      CONVENTION site:

      http://tinyurl.com/7o6tf

      Jim Alexander
    • yorktowncmdr@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2005
        Jim,

        Thank you for the posting on Lloyd Bochner. Among I few others I remember
        him for includes the taut episode of "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea - The Fear
        Makers" as the duplicitous psychologist sabotaging a Seaview mission, and a
        lawyer lothario in the eerie "Crowhaven Farm."

        End Run

        David

        > IN MEMORIAM: Lloyd Bochner, perhaps best known for playing
        > Dynasty's Cecil Colby, lost his battle with cancer on Sunday
        > at his home in Santa Monica, Calif. He was 81. The Canadian
        > actor also enjoyed roles in the series Mission: Impossible,
        > Columbo and the original Battlestar Galactica.

      • Marta Dawes
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2005
          To me, Lloyd will always be "The Dream" from William Castle's "The Night
          Walker." I loved him in anything he was ever in, but that's my favorite
          performance of his. No one could play a villain like him, and his voice was
          to die for.

          Marta

          http://www.steveandmarta.com - See the 2004 Twilight Zone Convention page!

          All we are saying is...give Peace a chance.
          John Lennon

          May the good Lord take a likin' to ya
          and blow ya up real soon.
          Big Jim McBob and Billy Sol Hurok