Re: [probe_control] Image Entertainment

  • William Simon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2005
      Image Entertainment will forever be held in my heart
      for releasing I SPY.... The set is beautiful, AND,
      the show hold up VERY well almost 40 years later!

      --- Marta Dawes <marta@...> wrote:

      > I sent the email message below to Actingman, and he
      > suggested I post it to
      > the list; I thought I'd already mentioned what I'd
      > done, but I had not.

      Yahoo! Sports
      http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
    • Morningstar
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 28, 2005
        Marta,

        Great work. I do have "The Twilight Zone" set and it is very well
        done. I did have some questions about the second/ third season set,
        but another time.

        I hope that Warner would be generous and let "Search" be released with
        extras if Image or MPI did them. Of course, Warner could do it, but
        they might screw it up (Widescreen "Kung Fu" Season 1 and pan & scan
        "Crusade?" Hello. McFly!)

        Tony

        --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "Marta Dawes" <marta@s...> wrote:
        > I sent the email message below to Actingman, and he suggested I post
        it to
        > the list; I thought I'd already mentioned what I'd done, but I had not.
        > I've abridged a little of it. The upshot is that if you'd like to see
        > "Search" out on DVD, write a nice, detailed letter to Image
        Entertainment,
        > asking them to release it. I put the idea before them, sometime
        last fall,
        > and haven't heard anything on it yet. But, it can't hurt to start a
        > campaign so here's the address.
        >
        > IMAGE ENTERTAINMENT INC
        > DVD Sales & Services
        > 20525 NORDHOFF ST # 200
        > CHATSWORTH, CA
        >
        > Here's the email:
        >
        > "I served as a consultant on the 1985 TZ DVD set, and Image took a
        few of
        > the images off my site. We also sent some of our memorabilia to
        Image to
        > use, but I'm not sure what if any they did use. When we went to LA
        in 2004,
        > we had lunch with the production team and toured the facility,
        talked about
        > the cover art and had a great time. I also put them in touch with Alan
        > Brennert, though they would have found him eventually. But, I think
        that by
        > getting Alan to them early in the planning, they were able to get a
        lot of
        > people in there for the commentaries that they would not have had.
        Since
        > Phil DeGuere has since passed away, it's a good thing the commentaries
        > happened when they did. There will be an "In Memoriam" to Phil on the
        > second season set.
        >
        > Wait till you hear the commentaries on the first season set. They're
        > priceless, and almost worth the 20 year wait. You can let me know
        what you
        > think. I also let Image know about Search being a series with a big fan
        > base, and that like "Buck Rogers," which they also did, it would be
        perfect
        > for a DVD release since it ran just one season. I haven't heard
        anything
        > since then on Search, but you never know; I gave them the website
        address
        > and told them there's an active group of fans out there that love
        the show
        > and want to see it on DVD. I thought I posted something about it to the
        > list when I did it, but it's been about a year, so I must not have.
        Between
        > school and work my memory is shot.
        >
        > Image is dedicated to putting out TV series, and if they can get the
        rights
        > they'll do it, and do it as it should be done. All five seasons of the
        > Combat! release are a big seller, and they're hitting the top of the DVD
        > charts; it's doing way more than Image thought it ever would, so they're
        > more receptive to the more obscure series now. I've always said
        Hollywood
        > doesn't do their research correctly, or not at all, when they look at
        > releasing TV series. Steve and I both consulted on the Image
        Combat! set,
        > and the first three or four seasons have an image gallery with the shots
        > from our site. The fifth season will have a walkthrough of Franklin
        Canyon,
        > where virtually all of the outdoors shooting was done, with several
        of the
        > Combat! fans who live in LA and a film crew from Image. They've got
        all the
        > shooting locations mapped out, and have spent years hunting down every
        > camera angle from some of the shows. Most of the stuff on the
        Combat! sets
        > came from fans, which is the way to release a series that has a big fan
        > base.
        >
        > Image wanted to release a deluxe Night Gallery set, but Universal
        refused.
        > The writers of the Night Gallery Companion book, who have every bit of
        > trivia and memorabilia, were going to write the booklet, and open their
        > archives to Image; they were going to bring in all the stars to do
        > commentaries, the directors, everyone. We (the NG discussion list)
        were all
        > devastated when Universal turned them down flat. And then, look at the
        > garbage Universal put out on NG. The first season set cover is a
        > jury-rigged picture of Rod, with some space graphics behind it, and
        the font
        > is not even the distinctive NG font. No commentaries, no extras,
        nothing.
        > It's criminal the way some of the these studios treat their series like
        > unwanted hostages."
        >
        > Marta
        >
        > http://www.steveandmarta.com
        >
        > Visit the 2004 Twilight Zone Convention page!
        >
        > All we are saying is...
        > Give Peace a chance.
        >
        > John Lennon

        Thank you
        > for thinking of me.
        >
        > I haven't retired the laserdiscs just yet, because some of the music is
        > different in the DVD versions. They couldn't clear a few of the
        rights, so
        > I'm still saving everything, as long as my laserdisc player holds
        out. The
        > second season is going to be a bit worse, because Stephen Stills
        wouldn't
        > clear the rights for some of the music in "Nightsong," and "Once and
        Future