Probes wired?

    Message 1 of 4 , May 1 8:09 AM
      bfiler2002000 wrote:
      >... I suspect that as time went on, more and more people would start
      catching on that the Probes were wired, seems like that would be almost
      unavoidable, especially since those transmissions were taped for the record,
      if the tapes were played back at some point, say, at the trial of a bad guy
      caught out by a Probe, seems like he's going to be sitting there wondering
      where the camera and microphone were and would put it together sooner or
      later. (snip) How big of a secret would the Probes being wired have been in
      the last season, as compared to the first? And how big of a secret would it
      be with a 21st-Century SEARCH? I'm thinking of things like hackers
      intercepting Probe transmissions and wrecking various kinds of havoc that
      couldn't have been thought of in 1972...maybe a transmission with highly
      explosive material or implications turns up on a cable news channel?

      Those are excellent notions!

      Even in the regular series, certain individuals were picking up/had picked
      up on the PROBE thing, and a few were even aware of the technology.
      Something like that is bound to get out-that these individuals were "wired"
      24/7, so to speak.

      Those are ideas that I think bear more examination.

      Jim Alexander
    • Jeffrey Rush
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1 7:51 PM
        Mr. Alexander,
        We'rent you the one with the SEARCH eps for sale? If so, could you run the list down for me again. I'm sorry.

        They hit one of us, they hit us all - Horatio Caine, CSI Miami

        More is lost through indecision than no decision - Carmela Soprano

        Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway - John Wayne

        I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them - John Bernard Books, The Shootist

        Think Highly, Feel Deeply, Speak Plainly, Felix Ibanex, MD

        Patriotism is as much a virtue as justice, and is as
        necessary for the support of societies as natural affection is for the
        support
        of families. Dr. Benjamin Rush (no relation)

        Jeffrey P. Rush
        205/368-6893
        >... I suspect that as time went on, more and more people would start
        catching on that the Probes were wired, seems like that would be almost
        unavoidable, especially since those transmissions were taped for the record,
        if the tapes were played back at some point, say, at the trial of a bad guy
        caught out by a Probe, seems like he's going to be sitting there wondering
        where the camera and microphone were and would put it together sooner or
        later. (snip) How big of a secret would the Probes being wired have been in
        the last season, as compared to the first? And how big of a secret would it
        be with a 21st-Century SEARCH? I'm thinking of things like hackers
        intercepting Probe transmissions and wrecking various kinds of havoc that
        couldn't have been thought of in 1972...maybe a transmission with highly
        explosive material or implications turns up on a cable news channel?

        Those are excellent notions!

        Even in the regular series, certain individuals were picking up/had picked
        up on the PROBE thing, and a few were even aware of the technology.
        Something like that is bound to get out-that these individuals were "wired"
        24/7, so to speak.

        Those are ideas that I think bear more examination.

      • Morningstar
        Message 3 of 4 , May 15 8:15 PM
          The advantage of the Probe agents were that they had field knowledge.
          Probe Control only worked to facilitate their knowledge, either if
          environment or research.

          The Probe wouldn't have to divulge that he was wired. Most of the
          stories, as I recall, centered around recovery. That is what World
          Securities was in the business to do. Of course, it would be nice to
          arrest the bad guy, but if theri plans were foiled, they might have
          been convicted on the evidence, and not the testimony of the Probe agent.

          --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Alexander"