Re: Search Sequel suggestions Part I

  • Morningstar
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 30, 2005
      While some of it seems a little too contrived, and unneccessarily
      complex for a new movie/ television series, there are a lot of good
      elements here.

      If Probe Control was attacked/ destroyed, perhaps the records are
      compromised, and Harding-Bennett wants someone that she can trust. Who
      better than a retiree that she knew in the old days.

      The chips for mind and muscle enhancement are superfluous. Remember,
      the technology only enhances our story, but the key is the individual.
      His limitations are our limitations. If he can out-think and
      out-perform his foes, then he is boring. If the technology gives him
      the advantage, but he is still one of us, then that raises the interest.

      Besides, the idea of Probe Control is all the information at there
      disposal. Why use a chip when Control can give you the instructions to
      defuse a bomb, hotwire a jeep, or perform a tracheatomy?

      --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "Skip Brown" <skipster61@e...>
      wrote:
      > Au Contraire, mon Captaine! You say you are not much of a writer? I beg
      > to differ. Some fantastic ideas there.
      >

      > I thought it would be an interesting plug for HOBE to have Lockwood as
      > the spokesman/director of a children's organization as one of his "off
      > duties". He buries himself in the joy of working with children, in
      > order to forget the both the errors and arrogance of his past.
      >

      > I can see Gloria rekindling a deep friendship with Lockwood. She has
      > fought to bring him on board again, seeing that her superiors have lost
      > faith in her, due to the recent deaths of PROBE agents. The "system"
      > plays against her, and she feels like her superiors are reverting to the
      > gender bias of the past, so she uses Lockwood as leverage to keep the
      > PROBE division alive.
      >
      > Is it just a coup to give her job security, or does she have unrequited
      > feelings for Lockwood? All of that can be explored in the sequel.
      >

      > Skip

    • Michael Beacom
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 19, 2005
        Sorry, I missed this one first time around.

        What would World Securities do?

        Why do you think they can't find Bin Lauden? And why has there been no second major attack. They've had years to plan it.
        If WSC was real then Bin Lauden would have been bagged after 9-11. His followers are just covering up so that it is not known that their figurehead is missing.

        Michael Beacom
        mjbeacom@...