White Room Security

  • Stephen Russell
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2005
      In the pilot, recall the handprint recog unit for entry to Probe
      Control, Today Id add the following:

      o Iris scanner
      o Scan for implants- NO implants, area sealed off
      o ID badges for Probe Control staff scanned.
      o Robotic gun modules?
      o Steel plate doors.
      o sensor array for sensing explosives, BW, CW.
      o counter hacking software installed.

      Comments?
      Any guesstimate about Probe Control Unit cost & plus implants &
      agent training?
      In 2005 dollars?
      Or WSC Total budget?

      Why agents should be armed or acess arms:
      seeking diamonds, gold etc.
      guarding VIP?
      self defense role.
      Otherwise Taser minimum used?

      Probe nanocam should have X Ray scan via Control for unusual cases.
      Data recorded onto hard drive units & CD drives.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2005
        Hello Stephen Russell

        Amongst the brigade of people who chat here are several pro-writers. I'm
        sure they're likely to agree with me that working the imagination isn't
        always to do with widening the expanse but working within the rules that are
        previously established.

        The odd time in the episodes that Probes were involved in helping the
        Government out was also done for hefty fees.

        Er...many of us actually own reasonable copies of the Probe movie but
        you're welcome to get yourself invited to the Playboy Mansion and ask Hef
        himself. :-)

        As to Martin Caiden. His novel �Cyborg� is one of the best realistic
        portrayals of making a cyborg. No wonder people thought he had inside
        information.

        Gotta go

        Commissioning Editor: http://www.sfcrowsnest.co.uk or
        http://www.computercrowsnest.co.uk
        THE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY MAGAZINE
        THE E-BOOK PUBLISHER THAT TRIES HARDER

        AOL AOL ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
        http://search.aol.com/aolcom/browse?id=906&source=subcats Yahoo Yahoo ranks
        SFcrowsnest #4 most popular SFF site on the Internet
        http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/ DMOZ
        DMOZ ranks SFcrowsnest #1 most popular SFF site on the Internet
        http://dmoz.org/Arts/Literature/Genres/Science_Fiction/ Google Google ranks
        SFcrowsnest #2 most popular SFF site on the Internet
        http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Genres/Science_Fiction_and_Fantasy/

      • STEPHEN RUSELL