"Search"-ed around, found you!

  • Mark Speck
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2000
      Hey Guys!

      It's amazing what you can find at egroups--I was searching the television
      programs lists for the Invaders group and came upon this group!

      My name is Mark Speck, 36 years old, from Cleveland. I remember watching
      Search when I was in second grade and being very impressed with the
      show--even though I haven't seen the show since it aired, I still remember
      the opening theme and title sequence, as well as the Stefanie Powers episode
      "One of Our Probes is Missing" (I had a big crush on her then!). I think I
      had the Viewmaster packet for this show, I'm not sure.

      Gotta say that I'm amazed that so many people fondly remember this show! I
      thought I was weird to like this show--I guess it was more popular than I
      could imagine.

      Looking forward to participating.

      Best,

      Mark

      http://profiles.msn.com
    • James Taylor
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 29, 2000
        Welcome from a former Buckeye. No, you are not alone. There were many of
        us who enjoyed the show. In fact if the show was on today and got the
        ratings it received then it would be a big hit. Of course in those days,
        there were only three networks plus channels 43 and 61.

        The folks here know a lot about the show and are very kind to boot. Enjoy.

        P.S., I remember the Invaders, too. Not my cup of tea. Too scary.

        http://profiles.msn.com