Scanner comparison

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2004
      Hello ALL,

      Here is a pic to compare.

      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/ohitsjustme/ScannerCom1.jpg

      I will be putting one of the two I have on ebay within the next
      couple days.

      Thankz,
      kc8nqa
    • galacticprobe
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 23, 2004
        Greetings,

        It's been a while since I've been able to check with the group
        (bouncing around the ocean for months at a time makes it difficult).
        I would first like to say a heart-felt thank you to Jim and Mr.
        Strong for all the wonderful (and intriguing) information. I am very
        much enjoying the transcripts!

        Something I am curious about is this replica scanner. It looks
        magnificent (I wish I could come up with a more powerful praise, but
        I can't find a word that does true justice). I think I missed the
        ebay auction for it. One question that hit me straight away is, how
        was the main circuit board (scanner face) made? I've been trying to
        make one of my own for some time now and that little circuit is
        something I just can't figure out. I don't have the time to create
        enough to try selling them (besides, as my wife can attest to, I
        never sell things like that, that I make... I hoard). I would most
        likely make only 2 or 3 for my me, my wife, and a spare (as one of us
        is apt to lose one some day!). If there are any ideas someone would
        like to share, feel free to e-mail me off list if the utmost secrecy
        is desired. (After all, we wouldn't want that info falling into the
        hands of some Romulan, or Vogon, or even Vorlon, would we? Yes, I am
        being rather twisted in the humour department... blame it in the cold
        medication!)

        Well, enough of my babblings for now. Take care everyone.
        End Run,
        Dino