OT: Lost in Space

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
      C. Dixon wrote:
      > Has anyone ever notised that Lost in space was more
      > serious in the first season than the other years?
      > The black and whites are great!
      ---------------------------------------
      Yes... I really enjoy the First Season of LOST IN SPACE, and in
      particular... the first dozen episodes, or so. Fun stuff... and a bit more
      serious than the goofy, outrageous plots they got into later.

      Jim Alexander
    • yorktowncmdr@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2004
        I shouldn't add to this, but here goes...

        The first many episodes of Year 1 were the sober and serious episodes. Among
        my favorites were "Giants in the Earth", "The Hungry Sea", and "Invaders
        from the Fifth Dimension". Shimon Wincelberg provided the best writing for the
        series. I am forgiving for the bad science.

        What happened?

        Here's my two cents. Batman went on the air in January 1966 up against LIS.
        It was an overnight success putting LIS in jeopardy. Irwin Allen and company
        decided to introduce the "cutes" (Guy Williams word for the LIS silliness).
        Allen discovered that Jonathan Harris was just the mechanism for it.
        Jonathan was creeping it in anyway.

        A LIS remake is due this fall. This time there is no Doctor Smith in the
        cast of characters. The series producers are probably going to utilize the
        taboos that Allen didn't risk during the '60s (The Don and Judy relationship).

        End -OT- Run

        David

        WorldSecAnalyst

        > C. Dixon wrote:
        > >Has anyone ever notised that Lost in space was more
        > >serious in the first season than the other years?
        > >The black and whites are great!
        > ---------------------------------------
        > Yes... I really enjoy the First Season of LOST IN SPACE, and in
        > particular... the first dozen episodes, or so. Fun stuff... and a bit more
        > serious than the goofy, outrageous plots they got into later.
        >
        > Jim Alexander

      • Morningstar
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 7, 2004
          I think that John Woo doing "The Robinsons: Lost in Space" is really
          going to be dubious. I will give it a chance, but just like the movie,
          there are things that they should do.

          "Star Trek: The Next Generation" worked because it respected its
          origin. If you dismiss the original, adults who remember the series,
          and the syndicated broadcasts, won't like it by that name.