Re: [probe_control] Video List

  • yorktowncmdr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2004
      In a message dated 2/29/2004 10:33:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      dmanmetz@... writes:

      > I agree with you also, because I recalled that the sci-fi channel was brand
      > new and there a show that rotated all of the short lived sci-fi shows around
      > 8 or 9 o'clock. I rememebered how shocked I was to see Gemeni Man(which
      > lasted about 6 episodes in 1976), The Invisible Man (1975) with David McCallan of
      > The Man From Uncle, The Magician (1973) with Bill Bixby, Beyond Westworld
      > (1980), Probe (1988) with Parker Stevenson, The Imortal (1970)with Christopher
      > George, Fantastic Journey (1977), and there were few more that I can't
      > recall.

      I myself was after both The Fantastic Journey and Otherworld during that
      period. It's a pity I missed taping Immortal. Further, Sci-Fi was running the
      complete Dark Shadows series at an accelerated pace. I can assure you that
      SEARCH was not programmed for airing.

    • bfiler2002000
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 2, 2004
        --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "dghprobe3" <dghprobe3@a...>
        wrote:
        > --- In probe_control, Nic Olinsky <nic@m...> wrote:
        > > I remember episodes of Search on SCI-FI in the 93-94 time frame.
        > They were shown as part of a series that ran little known, or
        quickly
        > cancelled sci-fi tv shows. I remember Search was shown as well as
        > > Fantastic Journey, and The Man from Atlantis.
        >
        > Hi: Earlier on this list, I believe someone mentioned that SEARCH
        > had been shown on the Sci-Fi Channel sometime in the last ten
        years.
        > Upon further investigation, it was found instead to have been
        Parker
        > Stephenson's "Probe" series of 1988.
        >
        > But anything is possible. It's more likely that it was an airing
        of
        > the "Search" version of the "Probe" pilot, as it seems
        the "overseas
        > only" designation for the series would have been in effect during
        > 1993-94. Can anyone confirm which episodes may have been run? It
        > would be interesting one day to run across a tape of a Sci-Fi
        airing
        > of SEARCH, if indeed it did run there.

        I also had the Sci-FI channel in 1993-'94 and had high hopes of
        seeing SEARCH again, I did see some of the others such as FANTASTIC
        JOURNEY (I thought it was just as awful as I did in 1976, I was
        taping that for a friend who was a Roddy McDowell fan and didn't
        get Sci-Fi...) and GEMINI MAN, but not SEARCH, the closest thing
        I ever saw was PROBE with Parker Stevenson. It was OK, then and now,
        they had some clever mysteries as I recall, but still, it wasn't
        SEARCH...