Another Yahoo Opt-out you may want to check out

  • actingman_jc
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2004
      The below is being passed around on the Yahoo groups. I checked the
      link, and there is an opt-out on that page. It is another round of
      tracking.

      "Yahoo is now using something called "Web Beacons" to
      track Yahoo Group users. If you are at all
      concerned with people knowing where you go or what you
      do on yahoo......check it out. I did and I thought
      you would like to know. Yahoo can track us and see
      what kind of sites we are looking at!! BUT, ALSO HOW
      TO OPT OUT OF IT!! Which I did, first thing! Here's
      how.... Yahoo is now using something called "Web
      Beacons" to track Yahoo Group users around the net and
      see what you're doing and where you are going -
      similar to cookies.

      Take a look at their updated privacy statement:

      http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/pixels/details.html

      About half-way down the page, in the section "Outside
      the Yahoo! Network",you will see a little "click here"
      link that will let you "opt-out" of their new method
      of snooping. I strongly recommend that you do this.

      Once you have clicked that link, you are opted out.
      Notice the "Success" message the top the next page. Be
      careful because on that page there is a "Cancel
      Opt-out" button that, if clicked, will *undo** the
      opt-out.