[probe_control] New Member

  • jima@wevv.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 19, 1999
      Howdy, SEARCH Fans!

      New SEARCH e-groups member Jim Alexander, here! Finding out about this list started recently when I purchased one of Mike Walston's nice 'Scanner' replicas off of eBay! Then, I found out from Mike that friends of his were 'into' the program, as well as trading tapes of the show! I've been fortunate enough to come into contact with nice people like Bryan Durk, who has shown me that there is a whole world of people out there who appreciate Leslie Steven's show as much as I do!

      I was 13 when SEARCH premiered. I was crazy about it the first time I saw it. As many of you did, I used to audio-tape the episodes off the tv! I ordered some of the scripts, postcards, and film-clip frames from Lincoln Enterprises... picked up the paperback novelizations, and even drew my own home-made comic book, based on the adventures of Lockwood and the gang!

      I just wanted to say 'hello' to the list, and let everyone know I am out here! I'm open to any and all e-mail anyone would care to send!

      Jim Alexander
      Creative Services Director
      WEVV-CBS-TV
      Evansville, Indiana
      jima@...
    • K ?
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 26, 1999
        Jim,
        Congradulations! Hey, who's your favorite "probe"? I'm a Lockwood man
        myself. The thing I remembered about him -- during the fight scenes he'd
        almost always nail someone with this massive kick -- not like a karate
        fighter, more like a soccer player! There seems to be a lot of Grover fans
        around -- fewer seem to favor Bianco -- I don't know why.
        BTW, if you get a chance stop by my SEARCH message board at:

        http://www.insidetheweb.com/messageboard/mbs.cgi/mb315284

        Regards,
        Kevin

        >From: jima@...
        >To: probe_control@...
        >Subject: [probe_control] New Member
        >Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 16:10:06 -0700
        >
        >Howdy, SEARCH Fans!
        >
        >New SEARCH e-groups member Jim Alexander, here! Finding out about this
        >list started recently when I purchased one of Mike Walston's nice 'Scanner'
        >replicas off of eBay! Then, I found out from Mike that friends of his were
        >'into' the program, as well as trading tapes of the show! I've been
        >fortunate enough to come into contact with nice people like Bryan Durk, who
        >has shown me that there is a whole world of people out there who appreciate
        >Leslie Steven's show as much as I do!
        >
        >I was 13 when SEARCH premiered. I was crazy about it the first time I saw
        >it. As many of you did, I used to audio-tape the episodes off the tv! I
        >ordered some of the scripts, postcards, and film-clip frames from Lincoln
        >Enterprises... picked up the paperback novelizations, and even drew my own
        >home-made comic book, based on the adventures of Lockwood and the gang!
        >
        >I just wanted to say 'hello' to the list, and let everyone know I am out
        >here! I'm open to any and all e-mail anyone would care to send!
        >
        >Jim Alexander
        >Creative Services Director
        >WEVV-CBS-TV
        >Evansville, Indiana
        >jima@...

        >eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/probe_control

      • Don Harden
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 21, 2000
          Hello SEARCH fans. New SEARCH e-mail group member Don Harden reporting
          in.

          I was a teenager when the series first aired and enjoyed it enough to
          audiotape it (which was the only choice we had back then). My brother
          and I also collected scripts and film clips from Lincoln Enterprises.

          I contacted member Jim Alexander previously and had a nice discussion
          with him. He suggested I go ahead and join the group.

          Just wanted to say "hi" and let everyone know that I would be pleased
          to receive e-mail from any SEARCH fans!

          Don Harden
          dghprobe3@...
        • crbpony@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 20, 2000
            Hello:

            I have been looking for a while for anything I can find on the old
            Search or Probe pilot and TV show. Do any copies of the pilot or the
            shows themselves exist? How can I get them? Any help would be much
            appreciated.

            Thanks
            Rigby
          • c_denova
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 29, 2005
              I am new to this group, I audiotaped the series during its initial run
              in '72 - '73. How can I get episodes on DVD (preferably) or VHS?

              Read the interview with Mr. O'Brien, did he ever re-contact you.
              Finally, what's Tony Franciosa up to these days?