Missing Post

  • bfiler2002000
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
      I posted a message last night, I pushed the Submit button but it
      apparently didn't arrive. I spent several hours on it and, being
      basically lazy, would rather not have to try to write it all over
      again if there is some way I can recover and resubmit it. Any way
      I can do that?
    • probecontrol@sigecom.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
        >... I posted a message last night, I pushed the Submit
        button but it apparently didn't arrive. I spent several hours
        on it
        -------------------
        Owtch! :(
        -------------------
        >... and, being basically lazy, would rather not have to try
        to write it all over again if there is some way I can recover
        and resubmit it. Any way I can do that?
        -------------------
        Perhaps it's still in your SENT box? Maybe you should look
        there.

        Jim Alexander
        probecontrol@...
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
          That has happened to me before too. You are online, and you try to
          compose a lengthy post to the list using the Yahoo "post" or "reply"
          commands, and you get thrown offline. Invariably, many IPs will
          detect the lack of activity of your account and throw you offline,
          thereby destroying your unsent message.

          One way to work around this is to remember to once in awhile hit a
          link somewhere, then close the page and go back to writing your post,
          similating "activity" to your IP. But sometimes we forget. :-)

          One way to deal with a long message is to compose it offline, then
          save it as a TXT file (if you save it as a DOC or HTM, you might
          throw in a bunch of artifacts making your text look messy). Then go
          online, click "post" or "reply" and paste your message into the post
          area and hit "send."

          --- In probe_control@, "bfiler2002000" wrote:
          > I posted a message last night, I pushed the Submit button but it
          > apparently didn't arrive. I spent several hours on it and, being
          > basically lazy, would rather not have to try to write it all over
          > again if there is some way I can recover and resubmit it. Any way
          > I can do that?
        • bfiler2002000
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2003
            Thanks for the comments dghprobe3...and thanks for not laughing at
            me. It was probably clear to you that I am a relative newcomer to the
            Internet. I was hoping maybe somebody had a sneaky trick that might
            retrieve my post for me, but it kind of sounds like it's gone for
            good and I will have to try to do it over again sometime later. This
            time, though, I will follow your suggestion and write it beforehand
            and save it as a TXT file in case my work disappears into cyberspace
            again...