Re: Contact information for Trevor Douglas needed...let's improvise!

  • corgipro
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 27, 2003
      Trevor,
      I see now that it is impossible to get around this little problem.
      OK, so we'll improvise. Trevor, I will substitute the word "at" for
      the @ symbol and when you send me an e-mail, just use the @ symbol
      instead of "at" and you will have my e-mail address. I guess that
      Yahoo doesn't want people to give out e-mail addresses, for some
      stupid reason. OK, here we go...please send me an e-mail with your e-
      mail address to crgrover at bellsouth.net Get the picture? Or how
      about crgrover @ bellsouth.net and just don't use any spaces. I think
      that you will get this now! Look forward to hearing from you soon!
      Thanks,
      Doug

      --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "corgipro" <corgipro@y...>

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 27, 2003
        Hi Bill: Nice to see you've joined the SEARCH list. When you
        contact Trevor, please be sure to pass along to him how much you
        enjoyed the converted dubs of those 22 SEARCH episodes I sent you,
        along with a duplicate set of the first 11 SEARCH episodes Jim sent
        you.

        By the way, how's the weather down there at Miami Beach?

        --Don
        -------------------------------------
        information (e-mail address, home address) for Trevor Douglas, I
        would really appreciate it. Please e-mail this information to me at
      • corgipro
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 28, 2003
          Excuse me...Bill?? I think that you have mistaken me for someone
          else. My name is Doug and I live in Tampa. I have never purchased any
          tapes from you before.
          Doug

          --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "dghprobe3" <dghprobe3@a...>

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 28, 2003
            Hi Bill: I tried responding to you directly, but your "corgipro"
            account name got discontinued somehow. Wonder how that happened?
            Also, you forgot that private Oct. 18th email you sent me identifying
            yourself as "Doug."

            Anyway, Trevor can only provide you with PAL dubs, which are
            unplayable on NTSC VCRs. Jim and I made this clear several weeks
            ago. You will only get static for picture and garbled sound. If you
            want to try your own conversions, the usual units run between $600
            and $800. But be aware that Trevor's tapes carry some sort of macro
            problem which might make your conversion attempts appear worse than
            the conversions you already have.

            Trevor, if a "Doug" from "Tampa" ever contacts you by snail mail, I
            will be surprised. However, be on the lookout for any correspondence
            from a "Bill" in "Miami Beach."

            --Don

            ------------------------------
            Final-Recipient: RFC822; corgipro@...
            Action: failed
            Remote-MTA: DNS; mx1.mail.yahoo.com
            Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 554 delivery error: dd Sorry your message to
            corgipro@... cannot be delivered. This account has been
            disabled or discontinued [#102]. - mta262.mail.scd.yahoo.com
            Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:47:37 -0500 (EST)

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 28, 2003

              Hi gang: Do a Google.com search for "corgipro" and it will basically
              take you to the Captain Action 2 Yahoo Group. One of corgipro's
              posts is there (reprinted below), and it is signed by "Bill." Case
              closed, end run.

              --Don H.
              From: corgipro
              Date: Sun Jun 24, 2001 3:44 am
              Subject: Captain Action Aquald set

              Hi, I'm looking for a loose, mint Aqualad set, if anyone happens to
              have one for
              sale or knows of one out there. Please reply to me personally.
              Thanks, Bill

              --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "corgipro" wrote:
              > Excuse me...Bill?? I think that you have mistaken me for someone
              > else. My name is Doug and I live in Tampa. I have never purchased
              any tapes from you before.
              > Doug
            • Trevor William Douglas
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 28, 2003
                Hi Don,
                I just received another email, this time from "Bill" I told him that I could
                only do PAL dubs and that you and Jim were the ones to see about doing NTSC
                versions. Hopefully that will shut him up!
                Also he used a different email address CR GROVER! (do you think he's a Doug
                McClure fan?
                Anyway, here's hoping he will leave well enough alone.
                Regards
                Trevor

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 28, 2003
                  Hi Trevor: I'm not sure what Bill is upset about. He is certainly
                  free to order any PAL format tapes he would want from you. I was
                  pointing out that he would have to make PAL to NTSC conversions in
                  order to view them on an American NTSC TV set. This was made clear
                  to him some time ago.

                  And after he converts them, he will have essentially what I sent him
                  a few weeks ago, except perhaps with more macro artifacts. But if he
                  wants to spend some $600 to $800 to arrive at the same place again, I
                  suppose we can't stop him.

                  Just make sure you are paid in full before you send anything out, and
                  make sure it's "no refunds," dubs sent out "as is."

                  --Don
                  ---------------------------------------
                  --- In probe_control, "Trevor William Douglas" wrote:
                  > Hi Don,
                  > I just received another email, this time from "Bill" I told him
                  that I could
                  > only do PAL dubs and that you and Jim were the ones to see about
                  doing NTSC versions. Hopefully that will shut him up!
                  > Also he used a different email address CR GROVER! (do you think
                  he's a Doug McClure fan?
                  > Anyway, here's hoping he will leave well enough alone.
                  > Regards
                  > Trevor
                • Trevor William Douglas
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 29, 2003
                    Hi Don,
                    I just received three disgusting emails from him which made no sense! I
                    didn't even finish reading the last one!
                    I made it clear that I could do PAL copies only, never said anything about
                    not doing them for him.
                    Anyway I have deleted him from my system and hopefully that will be the end
                    of that!
                    Regards
                    Trevor