Another newbie

  • mvhendry
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2003
      Hi, All:

      I was 13 when Search was on, and haven't seen it since. It's been a long time
      since I thought of it, but it was definitely one of my favorites. All my friends
      were into it, too. We all wore funky clothes like that. And when Lincoln
      Enterprises started selling Search stuff, I added a bunch of it to my Star Trek
      collection (unfortunately, all gone now).

      I found this group, and probecontrol.com, via an indirect route. In the
      "Invaders" group, someone mentioned a site that had the theme from it. I went
      to check it out, and it had a lot of themes, including "Search." That jarred my
      memory: "Wow, I used to love that show!" Now, try doing a search on Google
      for "Search." It took a while to track you down.

      I mention a lot of this because the site is removing the TV themes because of
      copyright issues. It's got a lot of great stuff, so you might want to go download
      some now:

      http://www.Lgoldberg.com/

      I ordered the pilot from moviesunlimited.com, haven't gotten it yet, but they
      haven't told me it's not available, so I'm still hoping. I'll post when I get it.

      I hear they are releasing "Time Tunnel" soon. Much as I love the show, it was
      really cheesy. Funny, shows like the invaders and search, which are high
      quality, serious shows, we are having a hard time getting released. But the
      cheesy ones are being released left and right.

      I registered at TVShowsonDVD.com and voted for Search. I don't know if the
      studios pay attention to that, but it couldn't hurt.

      BTW, my favorite was Doug McClure. I think cause he was young and blond,
      so I could relate more. (I'm still blonde, no longer young ;-(.

      Looking forward to hearing more about Search.
      Mike
      Philadelphia, PA
    • yorktowncmdr@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2003
        Mike,

        This seems to be our week for SEARCH newbies. Glad to see you join us.

        Davide