hi

  • search_fan
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2003
      Hi everybody! Glad to meet you! I have thought for 31 years i was the
      only SEARCH fan!
      My name is Carol Jackson. I'm an original SEARCH fan from the
      first episode. I felt like it reached out of the tv and grabbed me
      and hasn't let go since. I've had many sort of SEARCH related
      experiances over the years, so it continues to play a part in my life
      and now i have found out about probecontrol.com. I'm looking forward
      to getting to know you fellow SEARCH fans. Please be paitent with me.
      My husband has been on me for years to learn the computer, but i have
      been resistant. SEARCH is one hell of a carrot for me so i am trying
      to learn. I have one thing to tell you real quick. I have had a 1969
      Mercury Comet, customized, since 1976. I got SEARCH license plates
      when personal license plates first became avalible here in 1979. the
      car just passed insepection and got its plates renewed for 2 more
      years. I'll get Michael to send a picture if any one wants to see my
      car. Any one else got SEARCH related license plates? Hope to hear
      fromsome of you soon.
      carol Jackson
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2003
        Hi Carol: Back in 1986, I attended Space Trek convention in St.
        Louis. At one point, I entered the dealer's room and approached
        Majel Barrett's Lincoln Enterprises table. A girl and Majel were
        having a discussion and SEARCH was mentioned. I piped up and said I
        was a fan of that show too. As we talked, among other things, the
        girl told me that episode dubs were available and that she had a
        specialty tag for her car which said "SEARCH."

        She also said her name was Carol. Are you the same Carol? :-)

        --Don H.
        -------------------------------
        --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "search_fan" <cjack@j...> wrote:
        > Hi everybody! Glad to meet you! I have thought for 31 years i was
        the
        > only SEARCH fan!
      • franklinberke
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2003
          Hi Carrol

          I'm glad you found the probecontrol site also. Check out the
          past group mail for all the lively discussions and past reminiscing
          that has been posted since the group was first established. Its
          quite an enjoyable read.

          Franklin
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2003
            --- In probe_control, "dghprobe3" wrote:
            > Hi Carol: Back in 1986, I attended Space Trek convention in St.
            > Louis...

            Hi: After I posted the above message, I remembered that I attended
            Space Trek in St. Louis in 1984 AND 1986. It was at the 1984
            convention where I spoke with Majel Barrett and a fan named Carol at
            the Lincoln Enterprises table.

            Also, it was back in 1984 when I found the first AFN tapes of SEARCH,
            thanks to Carol. If you are the same Carol, you will be happy to
            know that we have since found ALL of the SEARCH episodes on video,
            except for "Ends of the Earth." We do have "Ends" on audio only.

            --Don
          • Morningstar
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3, 2003
              Hello, Carol.

              I am relatively new to this group and just found ProbeControl.com, so
              we are both new. However, I have had experience with computers for
              some time.

              The "Search" license plates are interesting. Of course, wasn't the
              whole idea of "Search" was to be inconspicuous? :)

              Of course, in that vein, you might get AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) and
              Yahoo! Messenger (Y!Messenger). They are both free. Plus, it allows
              you to communicate with other "operatives" who might be on assignment.
              Once you install AIM and Y!Messenger, you can leave a message for
              people to find your accounts and add you as "friends."

              Tony

            • yorktowncmdr@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 4, 2003
                Hi Carol,

                Welcome to the Probe Control group. It is always good to see a new member
                coming forward. There are too few of us who remember watching this fun TV
                series during its 1972-73 run. We look forward to your thoughts and
                reminiscences.

                David