My Search audios

  • Dept. of Extraordinary Services
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 16, 2003
      I've just reviewed my MP3s, and here's what I've found.

      THE GODDESS OF DESTRUCTION

      My original tape is labeled "The Goddess Kali", probably because I
      missed the beginning of this episode and didn't see the credits.
      Apparently the previous NBC program ran late, or there was a news
      bulletin which preempted the first four or five minutes. My tape begins
      with an announcer saying "...an old Indian cult of professional
      killers, who worship this particular statuette". The episode itself
      starts with Grover saying "...and be killed by strangulation."

      There is a blank section of approximately 75 seconds, occuring at about
      45 minutes into the tape. I'm not certain why this blank section
      exists. The blank begins about 1:40 after the villain says "Goodbye,
      Grover"; the last dialog heard is "You all right?". After the blank,
      the next words are by Grover: "I can explain that."

      There is no trailer for the next episode.

      Voice-over on end credits: Ed McMahon for The Tonight Show. Robert
      Blake, Trini Lopez, Alex Karras, Senator William Proxmire

      Some commercials were taped, mid-program and before the end titles.

      THE PACKAGER

      This episode is very muddy, and extremely difficult to hear in places.
      It is complete, though. :)

      There is no trailer for the next episode.

      A few commercials are included, post-opening titles and pre-end titles.

      FLIGHT TO NOWHERE

      Pretty good audio.

      There is no trailer for the next episode.

      Voice-over on end credits: Ed McMahon for The Tonight Show. Ricardo
      Montalban, Maxine Weldon, Uri Gellar, Eskimo Indian Olympic winners.

      All of the regular commercials are present.

      SUFFER MY CHILD

      Audio is muddy, but not as bad as "The Packager". That's the good news.
      The bad news: there's a pervasive hum throughout the program.

      There is a trailer for "Ends Of The Earth".

      No commercials are present.

      Voice-over on end credits: Ed McMahon for The Tonight Show. Johnny
      Mathis, Ben Gazzara, Merle Oberon, David Steinberg ("God, whom you'll
      remember from last week's sermon...").

      ENDS OF THE EARTH

      Pretty good audio.

      There is no trailer for the next episode.

      All commercials seem to be present.

      Voice-over on end credits: Doc Severinson for The Tonight Show. Robert
      Blake, Phyllis Newman, Chet Atkins, Dorothy Unack(?).

      THE CLAYTON LEWIS DOCUMENT

      Great audio, relatively speaking. :) And every time that I hear Craig
      Stevens, I can only think of _Peter Gunn_.

      There is no trailer for the next episode.

      All commercials seem to be present.

      Voice-over on end credits: Ed McMahon for The Tonight Show. George
      Gobell, Earl Holliman, Henry Hite, Bill Preston, Bob Rosefsky(?).

      THE MATTSON PAPERS

      Audio is a bit low, but understandable.

      No commercials.

      There is no trailer for the next episode.

      Voice-over on end credits: Ed McMahon for The Tonight Show. Guest host:
      Joey Bishop. Fernando Lamas, Rip Taylor, Liz Torre, Mark Spitz.

      THE PILOT

      I have two versions of the pilot, when it had been renamed as "SEARCH"
      (like you can tell on an audio tape :). They were probably taped from
      the WGN (Chicago 9 VHF) late movie in 1974 or 1975. I haven't done a
      detailed comparision, but they sound identical.

      Both versions open with gunfire, and Lockwood's rescue attempt of the
      vice-consul. "Which means that I'm entitled to a few days off, all
      expenses." Post-titles, Lockwood's on holiday and Cameron's talking to
      him via telephone about an "emergency mission".

      Jon.
      --
      Jonathan Bach, The Quietly Insane <dxs@...>
      TechRen Enterprises, Dept. of Extraordinary Services
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 30, 2005
        Jon,

        I am very interested in obtaining episodes of Search. If it is
        possible please let me know. Thank you very much.

        Sincerely,

        gerald0007--- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "dghprobe3"
        <dghprobe3@a...> wrote:
        > Hi Jon: And welcome to our humble list. Glad to hear that
        > Actingman, Jim, and myself were not alone in audio taping "Search"
        > back in those network days of '72 and '73. Did you manage to
        record
        > any of the original commercials at all? I edited out all of them,
        > however, Jim recorded the audio of the NBC rerun of "Live Men"
        with
        > all the commercials and bumpers, etc. The only "extras" in my
        audio
        > tapes are most of the local station identification as the episode
        > began.
        >
        > Are your MP3s available on CD-R? If so, some of us might want to
        do
        > some trading. Actingman has some of my tapes already in MP3
        format,
        > so you might get those from him.
        >
        > I also have a few "Search" VCDs I can dupe, if you'd be interested
        in
        > those. Beyond that, we do have 22 of the 23 episodes available on
        > VHS video, plus the "Probe" pilot. So let us know if you'd be
        > interested in those. The only ep we don't have on video is "Ends
        of
        > the Earth," so it's nice to see you have an audio of "Ends" as
        well.

        > And speaking of original commercials, we have one version of "Let
        Us
        > Prey" on VHS video that is a transfer of a 16mm network print that
        > contains all the original commercials and mid-point bumpers and
        > includes the "scenes to next week" trailer for "Honeymoon to Kill."
        >
        > --Don H.
        > --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "dxsbach" wrote:
        > > ...I found some episodes that I had recorded on crappy Radio
        Shack
        > > cassette tapes. The audio quality isn't terrific -- you'll
        probably
        > hurt your ears on a couple of the episodes -- but I've digitized
        them
        > > and removed most of the hum...
      • x
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
          All very interested in obtaining episodes of Search. If it is
          possible to take them to Emule or Edonkey (Peer to peer)

          Gorka
          > I am very interested in obtaining episodes of Search. If it is
          > possible please let me know. Thank you very much.
          >
          > Sincerely,
          >
          > gerald0007--- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "dghprobe3"
          > <dghprobe3@a...> wrote:
          > > Hi Jon: And welcome to our humble list. Glad to hear that
          > > Actingman, Jim, and myself were not alone in audio taping "Search"
          > > back in those network days of '72 and '73. Did you manage to
          > record
          > > any of the original commercials at all? I edited out all of them,
          > > however, Jim recorded the audio of the NBC rerun of "Live Men"
          > with
          > > all the commercials and bumpers, etc. The only "extras" in my
          > audio
          > > tapes are most of the local station identification as the episode
          > > began.
          > >
          > > Are your MP3s available on CD-R? If so, some of us might want to
          > do
          > > some trading. Actingman has some of my tapes already in MP3
          > format,
          > > so you might get those from him.
          > >
          > > I also have a few "Search" VCDs I can dupe, if you'd be interested
          > in
          > > those. Beyond that, we do have 22 of the 23 episodes available on
          > > VHS video, plus the "Probe" pilot. So let us know if you'd be
          > > interested in those. The only ep we don't have on video is "Ends
          > of
          > > the Earth," so it's nice to see you have an audio of "Ends" as
          > well.
          > >
          > > And speaking of original commercials, we have one version of "Let
          > Us
          > > Prey" on VHS video that is a transfer of a 16mm network print that
          > > contains all the original commercials and mid-point bumpers and
          > > includes the "scenes to next week" trailer for "Honeymoon to Kill."
          > >
          > > --Don H.
          > > --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "dxsbach" wrote:
          > > > ...I found some episodes that I had recorded on crappy Radio
          > Shack
          > > > cassette tapes. The audio quality isn't terrific -- you'll
          > probably
          > > hurt your ears on a couple of the episodes -- but I've digitized
          > them
          > > > and removed most of the hum...
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Evan Morgan
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 12, 2005
            "dghprobe3 I read your post about you having 22 eposides of Search available on VHS Please send me your price list.Are they in SP mode?I watched the probe tape which is in SP on my Big Screen and you see a lot more.I'm very interested in obtaining episodes since I just watched the Probe Movie. PS.Does anyone else out there have any VHS copies of Search available?
            Evan