Link problem in Files section?

  • dghprobe3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1 8:09 AM
      <A HREF="http://f3.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/MJmsPtF3nB-kmuyeirMVeIcu0_Iy6Q9ig1ipt9v5rGqQnGH5SlW9QBhGacK6FD_wSrEzb0wHVN_LhH7Tp1J75yj7BbU/SEARCH%20Articles%20by%20Don%20Harden/Webb01.htm">http://f3.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/MJmsPtF3nB-kmuyeirMVeIcu0_Iy6Q9ig1ipt9v5rGqQnGH5S

      lW9QBhGacK6FD_wSrEzb0wHVN_LhH7Tp1J75yj7BbU/SEARCH%20Articles%20by%20Don%20Hard

      en/Webb01.htm</A>

      <A HREF="http://f3.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/MJmsPtF3nB-kmuyeirMVeIcu0_Iy6Q9ig1ipt9v5rGqQnGH5SlW9QBhGacK6FD_wSrEzb0wHVN_LhH7Tp1J75yj7BbU/SEARCH%20Articles%20by%20Don%20Harden/Webb01.htm">Webb01.htm</A>

      Hello everyone: A few days ago, I posted an article about Bill Webb's SEARCH
      filmclips to the Files section. When I first posted the article, the pics
      would not open with the article. I had to tweak things a bit by taking the
      individual links of each individual pic as Yahoo gives them now and edit them
      into the html of the article.

      When I first started posting articles with pics to the Files section, you
      could make your links simply to the folder and to the pic you wanted in that
      folder. Yahoo has evidently made changes to this. Nowadays, each pic has
      it's own lengthy link if you want to connect it to an article.

      All the older articles have been affected. Pics no longer open with the old
      links I gave. I've corrected a few of the articles, but there are still
      several left to fix.

      Anyway, Actingman reports that he cannot get pics to show up with the Bill
      Webb article. Has anyone else had the same trouble? (We speculate that some
      browsers are truncating these links.) Thanks to all who reply. If you can
      get the pics to show, please report that as well. It might help us figure
      out a fix.

      If the above links do not work, try highlighting this link, then right click
      "Copy", then "Paste" into your browser window (it and the other two links
      work for me):

      http://f3.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/MJmsPtF3nB-kmuyeirMVeIcu0_Iy6Q9ig1ipt9v5rGqQnGH5S

      lW9QBhGacK6FD_wSrEzb0wHVN_LhH7Tp1J75yj7BbU/SEARCH%20Articles%20by%20Don%20Hard

      en/Webb01.htm

    • Martin Parrott
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1 8:29 AM
        Don,
        I can't get any of the links in your email to work. I have to manually go to
        the yahoo area for our group and click through the links in order to get to
        the Webb01.htm link. The link I end up with is different than yours. Once I
        bring the page up, none of the pictures show either. All I see are red x's.

        Here is the link yahoo gives me for the page:
        http://f3.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cDaxPjMBRAvFmIhNiAf0KNqB3Om2dGY7uQQHWmtzBpJbKe6
        vMW-OjQj3UZEClrVbHXru4ArbAqejZg9vvRdoL07eeKU/SEARCH%20Articles%20by%20Don%20
        Harden/Webb01.htm

        Thanks for all your hard work,
        Martin Parrott

        Message 3 of 3 , May 1 10:44 AM
          Hi Martin: Yahoo automatically truncates long internet addresses
          when our messages are posted in the actual online Yahoo group.
          However, I've noticed that they are intact in the "Digest"
          and "Individual Email" versions sent to list members.

          John suggested the possibility that the page may be reaching back
          into my C: drive for the pictures, which could be why it's working
          for me. But he added that he hasn't seen anything obvious in the
          html on that score.

          Let me keep trying things. If I find a fix, I'll announce it. It'll
          be a shame if we can no longer post articles with photos because they
          can be helpful in explaining things, showing comparisons, etc.

          --Don H.