BOND and SEARCH

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2002
      Well, HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!

      Though the quote about, "not gathering high ratings" is kind of a
      punch-in-the-gut, it's VERY cool to see SEARCH linked in print with the Bond
      phenomenon.

      Thanks for sharing, Chris!

      Jim Alexander
      probecontrol@...

      ---------------------------------------

      > Hello gang and a special hello to all of the new members. I haven't put
      anything out in a while but I thought this might be intresting. I just
      bought a book named James Bond: The Legacy by John Cork and Bruce Scivally.
      It is a detailed behind the scenes book on all of the James Bond movies.
      Cutting to the chase, the book makes referance to SEARCH on page 144. Here
      is the direct quote from the book.

      > "There were some who felt that even Majesty's box office numbers were
      ambitious for a Bond film without Sean Connery. They pointed out that two
      new Bond style television series- SEARCH and The Men- were running in the US
      in 1972, and neither gathered high ratings."

      > In the book they were refering to how maybe the spy genere was dying and
      they mention our favorite program. Hey they REMEMBERED SEARCH! (LOL) Of
      course in the end, they decided to go with Roger Moore and make "Live and
      Let Die" and he became the JB for the 70's and early 80's. By the way, the
      new film is excellent. Does anybody remember The Men? Wasn't that with
      Robert Conrade? I remembered him in a James Bond style series me my brother
      use to watch in 1979 titled "A man called Sloan" which ran on NBC on friday
      nights. Anybody remember that one? Well just thought I would share that with
      everyone. Goodbye gang.