Doug McClure

  • Marta Dawes
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 18, 2002
      Whilst reading Bruce Campbell's new book, "If Chins Could Kill:
      Confessions of a B Movie Actor," (which is a great read, BTW) I ran
      across a reference to Doug McClure.

      Bruce (who was a lowly apprentice at the theater) worked with him in
      summer stock in 1976 in Traverse City, Michigan, and he's got a few good
      reminiscences about it. Bruce was only 17 and in awe of his favorite
      western actor, whom he expected to be a polished professional. He was
      very startled, on the first day of rehearsals for "A Thousand Clowns,"
      when Doug asked for a pen. Bruce handed him the pen, and Doug proceeded
      to write all his lines all over the scenery, the furniture; anywhere he
      could find. Bruce said he was shocked, but years later he understood
      the motivation, when he had to do the same thing on a show because he
      knew he'd never remember all the lines.

      Marta

      http://www.steveandmarta.com

      Home of
      "The Graveyards of Omaha"
      and
      "The New Twilight Zone"
      websites

      as well as
      "Memories of the Indian Hills Theatre in Omaha, Nebraska"
      The last round Super-Cinerama theatre in the world
      Demolished August 20, 2001 for absolutely no reason by Methodist Health
      Systems

      Sign the Petition to protest the demolition of the Indian Hills Online!
      http://www.PetitionOnline.com/steve/petition.html

      Call Stephen Long, CEO of Methodist, at 402-354-4000 and tell him the
      theatre should have been reopened as a working film venue.

      Email comments@..., Methodist's website, and tell them the
      theatre should have been saved, and pass the email address and phone
      number on to everyone you know!

      And ---
      Join the Indian Hills and Cinerama and Widescreen Discussion Group
      http://www.egroups.com/group/cinerama_widescreen_movies

      Lord Byron, Mary Shelley and Percy Bysshe Shelley Discussion Group
      http://www.egroups.com/group/mary_percy_shelley
    • Stephen Russell
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 11, 2008
        I recall him from the 70s movie AT THE EARTHS CORE.

        Nice FX then vs Today.

        Nice movie to redo FX for.
        Perioid Piece FX & other FX.

        & THE LAND THAT TIME FORGOT, WW1 war sci fic yarn.
      • Mike
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 13, 2008
          Hello All,

          I expect to have a scanner soon.

          Have A Good Day,

          kc8nqa,
          Mike

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 14, 2008
            Hello ALL,

            It should be a few more days and I will have a Scanner or I hope two.
            I will inform the Group when I get them finished and listed.

            Have A Great Day ALL,
            kc8nqa,
            Mike

            --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <kc8nqa@...> wrote:

            > Hello All,
            >
            > I expect to have a scanner soon.
            >
            > Have A Good Day,
            >
            > kc8nqa,
            > Mike
            >

            > --- In probe_control@yahoogroups.com, "Marta Dawes" <marta@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Whilst reading Bruce Campbell's new book, "If Chins Could Kill:
            > > Confessions of a B Movie Actor," (which is a great read, BTW) I
            ran
            > > across a reference to Doug McClure.
            > >
            > > Bruce (who was a lowly apprentice at the theater) worked with him
            in
            > > summer stock in 1976 in Traverse City, Michigan, and he's got a
            few
            > good
            > > reminiscences about it. Bruce was only 17 and in awe of his
            > favorite
            > > western actor, whom he expected to be a polished professional.
            He
            > was
            > > very startled, on the first day of rehearsals for "A Thousand
            > Clowns,"
            > > when Doug asked for a pen. Bruce handed him the pen, and Doug
            > proceeded
            > > to write all his lines all over the scenery, the furniture;
            > anywhere he
            > > could find. Bruce said he was shocked, but years later he
            > understood
            > > the motivation, when he had to do the same thing on a show
            because
            > he
            > > knew he'd never remember all the lines.
            > >
            > > Marta
            > >
            > > http://www.steveandmarta.com
            > >
            > > Home of
            > > "The Graveyards of Omaha"
            > > and
            > > "The New Twilight Zone"
            > > websites
            > >
            > > as well as
            > > "Memories of the Indian Hills Theatre in Omaha, Nebraska"
            > > The last round Super-Cinerama theatre in the world
            > > Demolished August 20, 2001 for absolutely no reason by Methodist
            > Health
            > > Systems
            > >
            > > Sign the Petition to protest the demolition of the Indian Hills
            > Online!
            > > http://www.PetitionOnline.com/steve/petition.html
            > >
            > > Call Stephen Long, CEO of Methodist, at 402-354-4000 and tell him
            > the
            > > theatre should have been reopened as a working film venue.
            > >
            > > Email comments@, Methodist's website, and tell them the
            > > theatre should have been saved, and pass the email address and
            phone
            > > number on to everyone you know!
            > >
            > > And ---
            > > Join the Indian Hills and Cinerama and Widescreen Discussion Group
            > > http://www.egroups.com/group/cinerama_widescreen_movies
            > >
            > > Lord Byron, Mary Shelley and Percy Bysshe Shelley Discussion Group
            > > http://www.egroups.com/group/mary_percy_shelley

          • Randy
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 17, 2008
              Hey Mike,

              It's great to hear from you!!!

              How have you been??

              Can't wait to see your newest Scanner(s).
              If you ever decide to do a tie tack mount or a ring mount for them,
              that would be awesome.

              Best regards,

              Randy