Re: surveillance is as old as the hills

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12, 2002
      --- In probe_control@y..., "Geoff Willmetts" wrote:
      > I think you'd find contemporary references in a lot of series of
      > that time period...

      Hi Geoff: Good to hear from you again. What really happened was
      that Actingman sent me a package of Trevor's episodes and asked for
      reactions. The post I made about topical references were a bunch of
      little things I noticed about some of the episodes that couldn't be
      tied together any other way. :-)

      Someone once pointed out that shows can be too topical. For
      example, "I Love Lucy" is still funny to new audiences today because
      the situations Lucy gets herself into are universal and timeless. On
      the other hand, some episodes of "All in the Family" have lost their
      initial punch because they are full of jokes about then-President
      Nixon, which new audiences today have trouble identifying with.

      Getting back to SEARCH: If anyone out there has a video dub of "Ends
      of the Earth," please let us know!

      --Don H.