Anomalies in THE MURROW DISAPPEARANCE

  • dghprobe3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2000
      Anomalies in THE MURROW DISAPPEARANCE
      by Don Harden

      In our Australian video of "The Murrow Disappearance," the scenes in Act
      Three where Lockwood is playing cards (when he spots the overhead lens
      system) has very obvious lounge-type music playing in the background for some
      ten minutes. In the 1973 NBC audio I have of this scene, there is NO
      background music AT ALL! What happened? Did Warner Bros. decide to redub
      the sound of some of the episodes? A sort of fine-tuning? Or are there two
      different versions of the episode? (The 16mm Armed Forces print of this
      episode may not have this difference--if we could find a video of it.)

      Also, at the end of Act Two (when Murrow's car is discovered), there is some
      background music in the Australian video which also does not appear in the
      NBC version.

      Again, just prior to this, during the scene where Lockwood confronts McEgan &
      Compton, my NBC audio has two lines which are cut from the Australian
      version. Compton called Ms. Tristano a shill and Lockwood replied, "Shill?"
      Perhaps "shill" doesn't translate too well in other English-speaking
      countries?

      Beyond that, the rest of the episode appears to be the same.

      Has anyone else noticed any similar anomalies?

      Don
      dghprobe3@...