NBC Search promo transcript posted

  • dghprobe3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2002
      SearchPromo.htm

      Posted to our Files section, the above links to a transcript of the NBC promo which ran at the end of the repeat of the "Probe" pilot (renamed "Search" for the rerun) on August 4, 1972 (30 years ago).  This was transcribed from an audio cassette Jim Alexander sent me a while back.  It runs about 2 minutes and is available on audio CD, if anyone is interested in having a copy.

      What is interesting about the promo is that it contained some unaired footage from certain SEARCH episodes.  These lines can be found in the scripts Actingman has posted.

      If the link doesn't work, open the "Files" section, then open the "Search Articles by Don Harden" folder, then click on "SearchPromo.htm."  Thanks.

      --Don H.
    • rbrfab
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2002
        Thanks for putting this up, Don. As you know, I've had this for some
        time on one of your cds, and enjoyed it. Two points to add: the
        complete version of the 'Probe' theme music is playing in the
        background of this promo, but as the recording starts we are slightly
        into the music proper. Maybe there was something lost before the
        narrator said 'Hugh o@brian'--like another statement of the title and
        time of showing?

        The other point is one I've made to you offline: the clips feature
        only Lockwood and Bianco. Presumably this is because none of the
        Grover episodes had been filmed yet.(see the shooting schedule on the
        website)

        Richard

        --- In probe_control@y..., dghprobe3@a... wrote:
        > <A
        HREF="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/probe_control/files/SEARCH%20Artic
        les%20by%20Don%20Harden/SearchPromo.htm">SearchPromo.htm</A>

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5, 2002
          --- In probe_control@y..., "rbrfab" <richard.rutherford@c...> wrote:
          > ...as the recording starts we are slightly
          > into the music proper. Maybe there was something lost before the
          > narrator said 'Hugh o'brian'...
          > ...the clips feature only Lockwood and Bianco. Presumably this is
          > because none of the Grover episodes had been filmed yet...

          Hi Richard: Yes, Jim's recording of the promo actually began in
          progress. It starts with "...Tony Franciosa as Nick Bianco." I
          clipped out the mention of Hugh O'Brian and Doug McClure from the end
          of the promo and repeated it at the beginning to give the recording
          some measure of completeness.

          And the main episodes represented were "Moonrock" and "One of Our
          Probes is Missing" along with a snippet or two from the pilot. No
          dialog scenes from any Grover episode were included.

          Too bad we haven't run across this promo in any of the 16mm film or
          video collections that pop up on eBay and other places from time to
          time. I never saw this promo, so someone who did see it will have to
          clear up whether or not they did include at least a quick shot of
          Doug McClure, as his name is mentioned in the audio.

          More later,

          Don H.