Re: Scanner etc.

  • actingman_jc
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 16, 2002
      The scanners on the show, and the replicas that Mike Walston makes,
      are held on with magnets. On the show, the medallions, rings, tie
      tacs, etc. were flat metal surfaces, and the magnet on the back of
      the scanner would attach to the jewelry in that way (and a good
      question for Hugh O'Brian is how often the scanner would get knocked
      off during filming.)

      Mike's replicas have a magnet built into them as well. What is great
      is he also supplies a second magnet so you can have the scanner on an
      article of clothing if you can't find a flat metal jewelery surface
      to attach it to (in portraying job candidates at AT&T & Lucent
      training workshops, I would wear the scanner as a tie tac...using the
      second magnet.)

      This was especially helpful in taking the picture with Ivanka for the
      web site, because the medallion she is wearing is some kind of tin or
      something that a magnet will not stick to. But with the backing
      magnet that Mike supplied, the scanner was able to "attach" well
      enough to take the picture.

      So of course it is in the back of my mind to find a flat metal
      medallion, as well as a flat metal ring...a flat metal tie tac, etc.

      --- In probe_control@y..., "savitassist" <savitassist@y...> wrote:
      > I would like anyone's help to tell me how the woman on the
      > Probe_Control web site is wearing her scanner on a chain.
    • actingman_jc
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 16, 2002

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 16, 2002