Web site fixed

  • actingman@myrealbox.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2 6:46 PM
      Bryan and I finally connected and he told me what might be wrong with the
      probe site. After three hours of reloading everything, I think all links
      are working. So please let me know privately if you find any bad links.

      I added one minor change to the scripts page. Where I have the original
      air dates with each episode title, I now also have the dates of each
      rerun...based on the list Don H. wrote on this list a while back.

      Interesting to see that NBC did not rerun three of the episodes.
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2 7:54 PM
        --- In probe_control@y..., actingman@m... wrote:
        > Interesting to see that NBC did not rerun three of the episodes.

        Curious that NBC and the SEARCH crew decided to rerun rather flat
        episodes like "Goddess of Destruction" and "Mattson Papers" instead
        of fun episodes like "Gold Machine" and "In Search of Midas."

        Back when SEARCH was on NBC in '72 and '73, another problem the
        series faced was that it was a favorite show for local stations to
        pre-empt whenever such affiliate had an off-network series, movie or
        special to run in its place.

        Back then, our Atlanta affiliate, WSB (stands for "We're So Boring"),
        pre-empted a lot of SEARCH episodes in the summer of '73. I called
        them on the phone to complain about the large number of pre-
        emptions. I remember the girl at the other end of the line basically
        yawned at my complaint and said that SEARCH was basically a gimmick
        show.

        What was interesting to me was that the week after my phone call, the
        station started carrying SEARCH again and picked a different NBC show
        to pre-empt. They still pre-empted SEARCH a few more times, but the
        actual number of pre-emptions decreased notably. I don't know if my
        call made a difference, but it's possible that my call, combined with
        others who may have called, helped change the situation somewhat.

        Interesting to look back on some of that. Thanks, John, for
        reminding me. :-)

        --Don H.