I've yet to see her on Search

  • actingman@myrealbox.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2002
      In August of 1998, I got the following email:

      _________________
      I saw your post about the Search series on SFC's Dominion Bulletin Board
      (obviously, since this note originates from there). It sounds as if you are
      the best informed person about this show in the country.
      I have interview material from Grayson Hall (a New York actress about whom
      I'm writing a biography--she was on Dark Shadows for four years) about
      appearing in an episode of Search. I have seen published credits in two
      reputable publications for the entire series and neither mentions her
      appearance on the program. Do you know whether any episodes were filmed
      that were never broadcast? If you can shed any light at all on this, I
      would be very grateful, and, if you wish, will acknowledge your assistance
      in my book.
      _________________

      I wrote back to him saying I did not know and he responded:

      _________________
      John, Many thanks for taking the time write. Unfortunately, Grayson Hall
      passed away in 1985, so I can't interview her now about it. Even at the
      time, she showed little interest in the show. The material I have is from
      her fan club's newsletter, and no episode title or air date was ever given.
      She kept saying she didn't know any details about the episode. I get the
      impression it wasn't a very good or interesting experience for her.
      I would be happy to share the xeroxes of the credit lists I have been able
      to find. My guess is that it might have been a minor role or even a cameo.
      After hearing about Grayson's appearance on Kojak for years, when I
      finally got hold of the episode, her footage took up only four minutes or
      so of the total thing. Kind of disappointing.
      __________________

      We are still mising a few of the episodes, so either I have missed her in
      the credits, or she did not receive on-screen credit, or she is in one of
      the remaining episodes we hope to track down.

      I did a Google search and a IMDB search...both of which came up with nothing.

      Actually Google came up with mostly college residences.
    • observer345
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2002
        I was a big Dark Shadows fan in my youth. I used to run home from
        school to watch it. I don't recall Dr. Julia Hoffman... er...
        Grayson Hall being in any episode of Search. Of course, it's been
        the 70's since I've seen any Search except the pilot. I'd suggest
        this guy try her husband (he was a writer on Dark Shadows) or her
        Son, but he's doubtless covered these bases.