Re: 16mm Episodes of SEARCH?!!

  • kevin_searchprobe
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2002

      > Hi Kevin: Great job of finding that library listing for 16mm
      > SEARCH. How did you manage to dig that one up?

      Thanks guys (Jim & Don), but it was mostly due to dumb luck. I ran a
      few SEARCH episode titles on AltaVista search, just to see if
      anything would come up. I've done this before and didn't get
      anything -- so either I just got the right combination of words this
      time, or it has just been added to AltaVista's database recently.

      > I wonder how they got prints of the show since it never went into
      > syndication. You would think they would have the pilot movie,
      which
      > DID get syndicated. If these prints go back to 1972, they would be
      > red by now, but still worth investigating.

      They must be either originals, or possibly leftovers from overseas
      syndication. I guess those would've eventually come back to whatever
      company distributed them.

      > It also makes me wonder if other libraries don't have prints.

      That's exactly what I was wondering. If possibly one of the large big
      city libraries could have copies that they allow people to check out.
      Whew! Hey, did you notice SEARCH was listed alphabetically right
      after GET CHRISTY LOVE and behind SHAFT?!

      > remember reading that the big Television Museum in NYC is supposed
      > have prints of ALL the SEARCH episodes, but I don't remember if
      they
      > were in 16mm or 35mm format.
      >
      > I'd have to try looking the information up again. It was in a book
      > type catalog for the Museum, not an online listing. I understand
      > there is another Television Museum on the West Coast near LA.
      >
      > More later,
      >
      > Don
    • skipster61
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2002
        --- In probe_control@y..., "Jim Alexander" <probecontrol@s...> wrote:
        > DARN fine sleuthing, Kevin!
        >
        > MAN! It makes me ache-- just to know that there are 16mm copies
        of SEARCH episodes out there--waiting to be run on my projector! :(

        > Jim
        > probecontrol@s...

        Tell me how to get one of those 16 mm prints through my library
        system and I will gladly watch one and tell you how good it is. I
        have access to 16 mm AV equipment. : )

        Skip Brown
        skipster61@...